Chapter 08

༺𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔩༻

Everyone in the room froze as they heard that angry voice.

The 15 year old stood there with a bag full of treats for his little friend but never would he have known that there would be a guest, a guest that is being very close to what's his.

"N-Now Richard. Th-This is Liam. He's our friends son and we thought that he and Amy could-"

"Could what?" He cut his mother off, "Could become friends? Get close? I made it clear didn't I? She doesn't need anyone but me!" he yelled and grabbed Amy, only to lock her inside their room upstairs.

When he came down, Liam was waiting for him.

"Aren't you a possessive one" he mocked Richard.

"Huh?" Richard glared.

"Amy is cute don't you think? She's sweet. I don't see why you would keep her all to yourself"

Richard clenched his fists ready to beat this kid up.

"Now now, calm down. I have a favor to ask"

"What makes you think I'll do anything you say?" Richard's voice deepened.

"Well to put it simply, if you do what I want I'll stay away from your little Amy. Seems like an easy deal doesn't it?" Liam smirked.

"What do you want?"

"There's this girl I like. She's 3 years older than me but still, age is just a number" Liam shrugged.

"So?" Richard said impatiently, remembering that Amy was still locked up and could be crying.

"So the problem is that she likes someone else or at least I think she does. She stares at him, laughs with him, it annoys me. I just need to give him a warning to stay away"

"Why do you need me then?"

"Well as you can clearly tell. I'm only 10 and unfortunately I'm not that build to actually inflict serious damage to someone older yet. That's where you come in"

"You want me to give him the warning"

"Indeed! Since you're 15 and close to that things age"

"How old is he?"

"17"

"Fine. I'll do it"

"Excellent", Liam clapped his hands, "Let's meet up tomorrow to discuss what I have planned. Later" he left.

'For a 10 year old he's crazy' Richard thought.

"Richard! Are you there?" he heard Amy call.

He quickly ran back up the stairs to unlock their door. She was crying.

"I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to sp-speak to him. Your parents said that I -" She began to hiccup and sniffle. Richard quietly hushed her.

"It's fine. I understand" he caressed her hair.

"But"

"Shh. You won't see him again" he pecked her forehead.

"Why?"

"Because I said so. Come, I bought you some treats" he smiled down at her to see her eyes glow with excitement.

"Where is it? Let's go!" she jumped around like nothing happened.

Richard took her hand in his and guided her towards the treats he bought.