Chapter 09

༺D⋆a⋆y⋆ o⋆u⋆t༻

"Amy, do you know where Richard went?" Mrs Rumble asked.

"He said he went to get rid of a nuisance"

"... I hope not in a literal way"

"Oh, do you think you can show me how to make cookies?" Amy asked shyly, "I want to surprise Richard"

"Aren't you the cutest! I'll show you" Mrs Rumble beamed.

After several struggles with Amy messing up the batter, mistaking salt for sugar and many burnt cookies, she finally got it right.

'It looks more edible than the others' She thought as she tasted one, "It's delicious"

"I'm back. Amy, I need energy!" Richard whined as he came in.

"In the kitchen!" Amy yelled back.

Richard entered the kitchen to find a messy looking Amy in front of delicious looking cookies.

"Taste it!", she picked up one and held it in front of him to bite. He did as told and liked his lips, "Mmm, it's tasty. Did you make it?"

"I did!" She said proudly. Richard looked at her face. Flour on her cheeks, some in her hair, the floor was covered in batter and egg shells. Knowing her she probably asked his mother for the recipe only and not for guidance on how to make it correctly.

He ate the whole cookie up and placed his hands on her shoulders, "You, go shower and I'll clean up. When you're done we can watch a movie and eat those yummy creations of yours. Okay?"

"Okay!" she ran upstairs to shower. Richard rolled up his sleeves, "Let's get cleaning"

"Hey Richard?", Amy said after she finished showering.

"Yes?"

"Who did you meet today?" she asked as she lied next to him on the bed.

"A crazy kid", he said bluntly as he ate another cookie.

"Oh?"

"Never mind that. Why don't the two of us go out tomorrow"

Amy gasped and felt his head, "Are you sick? Should I call the ambulance or a doctor?"

"Why?" he held her hands.

"You never let me go out" she pout.

"I know but I think once in a while I can let you go out"

"Then, where are we going?"

"How about the library? It's quiet and less crowded" he said after pecking her cheek.

"Library? The place that has books?"

"Yup"

"I wanna go! Let's go there!" she excitedly said.

"Okay"