Chapter 3

You woke up to birds chirping. You didn't sleep much at night, thinking about what would be the perfect outfit for meeting Helena, if of course she would be there. You looked at your watch which showed 5:32 in the morning. You did your morning hygiene, you went to get dressed and make breakfast, in the meantime you decide that you could walk to school so you can get to know this beautiful city a little in the morning

You've been walking for about half an hour now was 7:54 am. You noticed a very nice park and decided to walk in it for a while and buy a coffee at a stand, you are a bit addicted to coffee. You bought extra strong coffee and sat down on the nearest bench. When you finished it, you continued your journey until you reached the school

Fortunately, you only had 4 hours today, you met new people, for which you were very grateful, because you are not a very social type. You got along best with Alice, with whom you exchanged numbers and agreed that you would study together sometime. You also talked to Jacob and Billy about different things Jacob invited you both to his house but you both declined, Billy says he has to be with his mom somewhere and of course you couldn't miss the opportunity to see Helena so you said you already have some plans for today.

~Time skip~

You were just getting ready to go to the library, you put on your dress and put on some makeup

(The dress: )

Kate drove you to the library, when you got out of the car you said goodbye and agreed that you would go back by bus and call her if you need anything

Kate drove you to the library, when you got out of the car you said goodbye and agreed that you would go back by bus and call her if you need anything. You heard the car leave and stood hesitantly in front of the door.

This is the moment you've been waiting for since you were thirteen. If Helena is there, it will be the best day of your life.

You walked closer to the door, which opened by itself, and entered the room where there were quite a lot of people. You sat down on one of the chairs that were in a semicircle. Your chair was on the edge of the third row, so you had a good view of the speaker who was reciting some poem. It was really beautiful, but you couldn't wait for Helena to come. You waited another half hour and now it was the time. You had been looking forward to this moment since last night. The thought of this moment kept you up all night before.

„Now please welcome our esteemed guest Helena Bonham Carter who will read some of her favorite poems" Said the woman who finished reading the poem and left.

Helena came on stage and started reading the Warning by Jenny Joseph:

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple."

When she finished reading, people applauded and the organizer replaced her on stage again with the words that we can go to the social room where there is a bar where they will make us coffee, tea or anything else. You didn't know what to do, you didn't want to go home yet, so you decided to go and have a coffee

You sat down on the bar chair and ordered some coffee. You were drinking your coffee when you saw a familiar face. You smiled and waved at Billy who noticed you and headed towards you.

„You are the last person I would expect here" You said and gave him a hug.

„I thought you were supposed to be somewhere with your mom" You added.

„I'm here with my mom and I also didn't expect you here, I wouldn't have guessed you as a person who likes poetry, but anyway I'm glad to see you here." Billy said now sitting across from you on the bar stool next to you.

„I'm also glad to see you, I'm a little lost here when I'm alone"

„Well, I'm also here alone, my mother is busy with other people, actually I don't even know why I promised her that I would go with her." Billy said a bit sad now.

„So since you only came here for poetry and that's over, we could get out of here." Billy Suggested and his eyes lit up at the thought of getting out of here.

„Actually, there is another reason why I am here." You said.

„And that is?"

„My favorite actress gave a poetry lecture here, I've been kind of in love with her since I was about thirteen, so I'm still not giving up hope that I'll see her again today." You said and Billy looked a little confused.

„Who is your favourite actress?" Billy asked suddenly.

„Helena Bonham Carter." I answered the question without hesitation.

„Oh, that's my mother." Billy said with a small smirk on his face....