Chapter 8

It had been two weeks since the incident with Helena. I decided to draw a line behind it and start again. A few minutes ago Billy invited me to dinner and I decided to accept. He invited me to a nice French restaurant, maybe with the hope that I will take it as a date, but I honestly think that the two of us will never be anything. He said that I should come straight to the restaurant at six and sit at the Burton reservation.

I spent about half an hour in the shower, my make-up took about 15 minutes. Finally, all that was left was to get dressed, I decided on a dark blue dress with long sleeves and black heels.

The dress:

I left the house and called a taxi

I left the house and called a taxi. When he arrived, I gave him the address and he started driving. I was looking out the window the whole way, I wasn't interested in talking to the taxi driver. When he stopped, I thanked him and paid. I was standing in front of a beautiful luxury restaurant that I probably won't be able to afford. I went inside.

"Bonjour, how may I help you?" The lady at the reception asked with a smile on her face.

"Hi. I have a reservation in the name of Burton." I answered and looked impatiently into the restaurant to see if Billy was already sitting there. he didn't sit, maybe I just didn't see him.

"Sure, I have it. You have a reservation in a private place with only one table for two. I'll take you there." She said and I followed her on the way to our table. I opened the door and still no one was sitting there. Well, he's inviting me to a fancy dinner and he's also late. It doesn't matter, I'll sit at the table and wait for him to come. The door opened and a waiter entered the room and asked about my order, so far I only ordered red wine and I will order food only when Billy arrives.

I sat there for a while, oblivious to my surroundings. the waiter still brought the wine. I wanted to write to Billy, but I decided I'd rather wait, he's not that late. After a few minutes of waiting, the door finally opened and I turned to see who had come.

Helena.

I looked at her in disbelief and didn't know what to say. She slowly walked over to the other chair across from me and sat down.

"You?" It came out of me.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened last time." Helena said and looked at me pitifully.

"So Billy knows about it?"

"What? Oh god no. He doesn't know."

"Then why did he invite me to dinner yesterday and now you're sitting here if he doesn't know about it?" I did not understand anything that was happening around me.

"He didn't invite you. He doesn't know about it, I just borrowed his phone just before he left for Tim."

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have behaved like that, I was just afraid, I was afraid that I would hurt you, that I would hurt my family, that you would be unhappy. But now I know that you are much more unhappy than you would have been if you I will hurt you unintentionally." Helena added, tears welling up in her eyes.

I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. I just sat there quietly and looked straight into her eyes. Suddenly the door opened behind us and a waiter entered the room. We ordered our food and I decided to give Helena a chance and not stand up and leave.

The dinner went quite well. We talked and drank some wine that I had ordered for us before Helena arrived. Actually, it wasn't that bad. I began to understand that I still love her. I love her more and more and I don't want her to be unhappy. I want her to be with me. I want her to make love to me every day. I want us to be together in good or bad. I want to feel her love and I want her to feel mine.

A/n

Hi guys. I apologize for not posting for a long time. I've been feeling a little down mentally lately. But I promise to upload a new chapter as fast as I can.

-Sim