Ch. 24

"Mira," Laxus called out getting the woman's attention somehow over the noise being made by the rowdy guild. Once they made eye contact he made a motion of leaving the guild and stood up to leave. Mira waited a minute before deciding to follow him curious to what he wanted.

"Lisanna, Lucy, I'm going on break. I'll be back later." Mira called over to her little sister as she and Lucy rushed to fill bags of lunches for the children of the guild.

"Alright," Lucy said waving a hand at her as she put boxed lunches into the bags while Lisanna fixed drinks to put in the bags as well. Nodding Mira slipped out from behind the bar and left the guild, following the way Laxus had gone.

*Flashback*

"You ready to go?" Mira asked Namina as she and the smaller girl walked to the guild early. Namina nodded as she yawned and stared ahead through half lidded eyes. Mira smiled at the sleepy child as they both turned down another dark street towards the guild.

"Why a farm?" Namina asked tiredly while rubbing an eye with a fist. Mira inwardly squealed at the cute act and almost squeezed her in a hug but decided against it since Namina was so relaxed at the moment.

"Well I guess to teach the meaning of hard work without magic." Mira said thoughtfully as she remembered when she and the others had to work on a farm as well. "I had to do it when I was your age as well, everyone has. I guess it's almost like a tradition." Mira added noting how Namina seemed to perk up a bit when she mentioned the last part.

"You had to do it?" Namina said disbelief evident in her voice as Mira smiled at her.

"Yep, Erza and I would make a competition out of it as well." Mira told her with a laugh as Namina just shook her head. "Are you excited? I heard Lee asking you yesterday when he tackled you." Mira asked as Namina frowned slightly before smiling a little.

"I guess, I've never done something like this around harvest time. I just wish we didn't have to get up so early." Namina said as they walked earning a nod of agreement from the older woman.

"Don't dwell on it to much. The girls and I will be coming by around lunch to drop off food for you guys." Mira told her as they finally reached the guild to see most of the younger generation already there. Namina nodded at her before jogging over to her team and sitting down between Kade and Elizabeth, both passing her markers to use on the sleeping twins in front of them while Gale tried to drag her sleeping brother out from beneath an old cart.

*Flashback End*

"Laxus?" Mira called out as she walked over to the lone tree sitting in the courtyard. Laxus looked up at her from his spot leaning on the tree before looking away. "Is something wrong?" Mira asked worriedly when she got close only to recieve a sigh in response as Laxus passed her a small blue notebook. Confused Mira opened it and flipped through it her eyes catching every other word as she scanned it.

"Laxus..." Mira said softly as the man stood up and look down at her with a blank face, one Mira had seen being used by a small white haired girl.