Ch. 6

"You are a monster! Do you understand you worthless thing?" A woman with bunny ears screamed at a small girl with long silver white hair as she curled into a ball after being hit multiple times by said woman. "I regret creating you!" The woman continued while throwing objects at the crying girl. 

"Sowwy! Sowwy!" The small girl cried as a woman with avian features watched with a blank look before sighing in disgust. Moving with deliberate movements the woman stepped forward and placed a clawed hand on the bunny eared woman silencing her on contact. 

"Shut up," the avian woman said blandly but the child continued to chant the single word except now in a much quieter whisper instead of a scream. "I said shut up!" The demon yelled suddenly closing the gap between the child and herself and kicking it hard enough that she went flying into a wall hard enough that she slumped to the floor in silence, not moving. 

"Lamy, you have summoned me to show your failure?" The demon asked making the other woman cower and shake in fear as she tried to string together an excuse only to fall dead at the avain's feet. The demon then turned and stared at the small toddler as she sat up and looked at her with strange big blue gold eyes that were filled with pain. 

"You'll die anyway," the demon told the child as tears ran down her dirty face and she rubbed her arm against her face. The demon easily lifted the girl up by the back of the pillowcase she wore and vanished before appearing in the middle of a forest. "Die," the demon told the girl before throwing her lazily away from her and vanishing again. 

"Sowwy! Sowwy!" The girl screamed scrambling over to the spot the woman had stood before vanishing and frantically screaming the single word over and over with tears and snot running down her small thin face. After awhile she grew hoarse and to tired to move so she curled up on the spot, whimpering as the darkness of night curled around her and the sound of wolves howling filled the night. 

...

I snapped my eyes open fear making everything snap into place as I realized I was holding someone's wrist. I looked up into a pair of strange blue eyes before letting go with a jerk and moving to back away. 

"It's alright," the woman said as I realized Lisanna and Elfman were still there and it had all been a dream. I shook my head and stood up watching the group carefully as the newcomer stood up also and continued to watch me. "My name's Mirajane from Fairy Tail," she told me in a calm tone as I stepped away, turning away from them as I did. 

"I don't care now leave me alone." I said without looking at them as I tried to walk away but for some reason Mirajane's words stopped me. 

"It's like looking in a mirror," she said making me look back to see her watching me with a look of awe and curiosity. "Who are you?" She asked me only to receive an answer from Lisanna. 

"That's not what I meant," she said and began walking over to me. My mind was telling me to move but for some reason I didn't want to, instead all I wanted was to get closer to this Mirajane. "You are quiet a mystery Namina. Want to come with us?" Mirajane said with a smile that made her eyes close in genuine happiness. 

"Why? I like being on my own." I snapped at her but she seemed unaffected because she took my hand and began leading me back over to the other two who were watching us with fascination in their eyes.