Ch. 4

"Now!" I heard the yell and jumped up just as a large Vulcan dived beneath me. I flipped backwards and landed on my feet just as the Vulcan skid to a stop allowing me to move forward and attack it before it could get up. As I did I caught sight of the tall teenage girl I had partnered with effectively blocking the grimy fists of another Vulcan that had tried to attack me with a long katana. Once finished with my own opponent I lept off of it and twisted myself around in midair so I would be able to land face forward to the girl and Vulcan pushing against each other. Just as the thought of helping her crossed my mind she slipped beneath the beast and drove a smaller blade deep into it's chest killing it. 

"Alright! Thanks for the help," the red head said yanking the blade out of the dead Vulcan and cleaning it before sheathing both it and the sword. I nodded before crossing my arms to hide the ugly black scales and sharp white claws so I could transform them back into my human limbs. "You know you don't have to hide them from me." She said startling me into stepping backwards as she rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not hiding anything!" I told her pushing back my cloak to show my now human arms. She crossed her arms over her dark blue shirt and simple khaki pants tucked into tough black boots that matched my own. 

"Whatever, anyway when are you going to come to the guild? Lee misses you," the girl said making me look away and bite my lip as she came over to me and put both hands on my shoulders forcing me to look at her. "It's been a year, you promised that you'd go to the guild in a year." She said forcing me to look at her determined dark green eyes. 

"I can't, give me another year!" I begged her looking at her desperately as she shook her head with a softer look. She smiled and gave my shoulders a comforting squeeze before letting go. 

"How about a deal, you give me a good reason and if it's a good reason we'll wait another year otherwise I'm dragging you to the guild." She said crossing her arms and looking at me, waiting for a reason. I sighed and pulled the hood on my cloak up and raised my arm turning it into my worst fear, a demon's arm. I watched as the skin was replaced by shiny black scales and my fingers were replaced with hard white claws that were curved into deadly points. I looked at the calm look on Elizabeth's face waiting for it to turn into fear as I felt the black flames start to flicker around my arm. 

"I can't go until I get rid of this curse," I mumbled lowly as I felt the scales trying to form completely and the demon take over my whole being. 

"Is that your reason?" She asked me quietly as I let my arm drop and turn back into a human arm. I nodded my head through the cloak looking away from her, the only person that was too stubborn to leave me alone after I had left Lee. "Not good enough." She said suddenly as she grabbed the collar of the cloak and proceeded to drag me towards the farm that had hired her to take out the Vulcans. 

"Wait! You can't take me there!" I yelled trying to get out of her grip, even trying to get out of the cloak to no avail. 

"Listen, you're going and that's final. Having demon magic is not a curse! I've told you that a thousand times," Elizabeth said as she proceeded to yank me along. "You remember Mirajane, she has take over magic and it's demon related! You don't see her calling it a curse." She said as we walked ignoring the fact that I was more falling than walking. 

"Elizabeth! Please! Think of this as one of those birthday things!" I said trying to avoid this like a plague to no avail as we came within sight of the farm.