Ch. 8

It was late when I went back to the dorm and collapsed onto my bed feeling exhausted. I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the wooden ceiling thinking back on what had happened earlier that day. 

*Flashback* 

"Excuse me," a man with shaggy brown hair and light brown skin wearing a dark grey tux called getting my attention as I finished serving another table. 

"Yes sir, what can I get you?" I asked politely while grabbing his empty dirty plate. I blinked after a minute when he grabbed my wrist and looked me up and down like some kind of prize. 

"Lamy's skills were truly impressive." He said making my heart beat faster at the familiar name. Instead of showing my fear I smiled and pulled my hand away. 

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked playing the part of a normal confused waitress. He gave me a cold smile before speaking. 

"I would be careful if I were you." He said coldly making my grip on the plate tighten slightly. 

"Is that a threat?" I hissed clenching the plate as I dropped my act. He shrugged before absently twirling a spoon in a cup of tea I didn't remember being there. 

"That depends on what you consider a threat. Besides if we're making threats I would be more worried about that boy you traveled with. I think he's a light mage, correct?" He asked me with a raised brow that made me freeze in fear. Suddenly the man laughed lowly before looking at me with his cold dark black eyes. "Don't worry, I only want what was made for me." He said making everything stop as the plate slipped from my fingers and shattered on the floor. 

*Flashback End* 

I huffed in frustration before rolling back over on my stomach feeling something dig into my side. I frowned before reaching into the pocket of my cloak to pull out the small bag filled with reward money Laxus had given me. I stared at it and felt a small since of pride swell up inside me before I remembered what the man had said. 

"My life sucks," I groaned as I stood up and slipped my shoes back on. I placed the money back inside an inner pocket of my cloak and left the room. Determined to get some much needed supplies for myself.

... 

"So she'll be back tomorrow?" Lisanna asked Laxus as he nursed a beer at the bar lost in thought. He grunted before taking a sip and eyeing her sister as she walked by with a tray of drinks. "You should ask her out on a date," Lisanna said calmly, not even glancing at him when she said it as she cleaned a small glass with a soft clean rag. Laxus choked on a sip of his drink at what she said before glaring at her as she smiled with a raised brow. 

"Nee-san!" Lisanna called sweetly making Laxus pale at the wicked look she sent his way. "Do you mind trading for a while?" She asked once she had her sister's attention. Her smile widened when she saw the glare on Laxus that screamed danger but she ignored it. 

"You're dead shorty," Laxus growled as Lisanna stuck her tongue out at him and rushed off to take her sisters place. A minute later Mira was standing in front of a lightly blushing Laxus trying to look him in the eye as he looked anywhere but at her.