Ch. 9

"You should just join the guild," Layla told me as I sat next to Elizabeth a week later. I glared at her before taking a small sip of some juice Lee had gotten me. "What? I'm just saying!" She said defensively as I ignored her and set my drink down pointedly looking over at Elizabeth as she smiled and discussed a mission with Gale. 

"So we'll leave tomorrow," Elizabeth said causing the two girls in front of her to nod before I spoke up. 

"What mission are you guys going on?" I asked making Elizabeth grin before she passed me the paper. 

"Just a simple retrieval mission, we should be back at the end of the day. Do you want to come?" She asked me before I frowned at her and gave the paper back. 

"Can't remember? I'm not a guild member," I told her making her frown as Gale jumped into the conversation. 

"But you've been going on missions with Laxus and the Thunder God Tribe." Gale pointed out making me groan and put my head on the table with a thump. 

"The only reason I go is because the Master won't let me leave and Laxus keeps dragging me along. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is hang out with those three weirdos and Laxus." I groaned making the three girls laugh before I smelt something delicious put in front of me with a soft click. 

"Eat up!" Mira said in her happy voice making me look up to see the others already reaching for a slice of gooey half cheese half pepperoni pizza. I stared at it in surprise for a minute before Mira set a slice in front of me with a smile. "That means you too," she said before walking off to another table. 

"MMM! So good!" Layla moaned as she eagerly grabbed another slice and began eating it. I rolled my eyes before taking a bite of the slice in front of me closing my eyes at the burst of flavor before opening them to see the others watching me. 

"Whah?" I asked through my mouth full of pizza making the girls laugh before they shook their heads and we all went back to eating the food. I had already started on my second slice when Lee came running over to me with a look of fear on his face. Immediately I forgot the pizza in front of me as Lee stopped panting in front of me. "Lee," I started only to have him shake his head and grab my arm. 

"He has Igneel! I need your help to get him back!" Lee said between pants as we ran down the street with him still holding onto my arm. Without a word I pulled my arm out of his grip and began running alongside him following him out of the guild and towards a small inn nearby. 

"Explain the rest," I demanded of Lee turning to look at him just as a man laughed sending chills down my spine as a look of regret and fear fought for control on Lee's face. "Who's there?" I yelled spinning on my heels and looking around as the man from the restaurant walked out of the inn clapping his hands. 

"My my my, it amazes me what words can do for someone so young." The man said with a laugh as I looked over at Lee who was staring down at the ground in shame. 

"What did you do?" I growled as the man feigned innocence feeling myself tense up in preparation of a fight.