Ch. 10

Carla opened her eyes to see herself in some kind of lab watching as a woman with bunny ears attacked a five year old girl with long dirty white hair wearing a pillow case and crying.

"You are a monster! Do you understand you worthless thing?" A woman with bunny ears screamed at the small girl with long silver white hair as she curled into a ball after being hit multiple times by said woman. "I regret creating you!" The woman continued while throwing objects at the crying girl. Carla felt sick from watching it as the girl screamed sorry over and over again, she watched in shock as Kyouka stepped forward and placed a clawed hand on the bunny eared woman silencing her on contact.

"Shut up," the avian woman said blandly but the child continued to chant the single word except now in a much quieter whisper instead of a scream. "I said shut up!" The demon yelled suddenly closing the gap between the child and herself and kicking her hard enough that she went flying into a wall hard enough that she slumped to the floor in silence, not moving. Carla flinched and instinctively ran over to the girl finding her still conscious with a small amount of blood dribbling down the corner of her mouth as tears ran down her face.

"Lamy, you have summoned me to show your failure?" Kyouka asked causing Carla to turn and see the other woman cower and shake in fear as she tried to string together an excuse only to fall dead at the demon's feet. The demon then turned and stared at the small toddler as she sat up and looked at her with strange big blue gold eyes that were filled with so much pain that Carla felt her heart.

"You'll die anyway," the demon told the child as tears ran down her dirty face and she rubbed her arm against her face. Carla frowned and wished she was actually there so she could help somehow, but all she could do was watch as the demon easily lifted the girl up by the back of the pillowcase she wore. Sensing some kind of change Carla waited a moment before seeing the scene to change to show them in the middle of a forest. "Die," the demon told the girl before throwing her lazily away from her and vanishing again.

"Sowwy! Sowwy!" The girl screamed scrambling over to the spot the woman had stood before vanishing and frantically screaming the single word over and over with tears and snot running down her small thin face. Carla felt tears rushing down her face as she watched the girl claw at the dirt desperately as her voice grew weaker.

.....

"My god," Carla whispered before focusing her powers again, pushing past the sick feeling inside her to show an older Namina, maybe seven wearing a small thing faded blue dress, as she ran down a back street away from a group of men.

"Grab her!" "She mustn't get away!" "Catch the demon!" The men were yelling as Carla followed Namina in the air watching as she wove her way down different alleys until she had left the group behind and was running towards an old nearly caved in shed. Not saying a word she eased through the half collapsed door into a small cozy room that looked the complete opposite of the outside.

"Back!" Namina said proudly grinning as if she had won a prize as an old man that was insanely thin strode purposefully back in forth in the warm room mixing things and writing them down. "Back now!" Namina said sounding a little angry as she pouted and stomped her bare foot. Carla smiled and laughed softly into her palm as the old man looked up with his hair sticking out and smiled broadly.

"Good! Good! Now that you're back we'll start working on that speech of yours...oh and some letters and numbers." The man said before shifting back to his work causing Namina to roll her eyes before jumping over to a pile of blankets and grabbing a worn book.