Chapter 3

It had been around half an hour, Ian was still sitting on the bathroom floor, he had ran out of tears to cry so he just sat in silence. There had been no noise from outside, he assumed Anthony had fallen asleep. He slowly stood up and quietly turned the lock on the door, he exited the bathroom and made his way to the computer room.

He sat down in the chair and pulled it closer to the desk. He logged onto the computer and brought up Google, typed the name he'd saw on the front of the stall when they got the ice cream in. He found their website. He scrolled down finding what he'd been looking for. Then opened his Facebook in another tab, he typed in Chris' full name, a few profiles popped up, he clicked on one or two until he found Chris' profile and to Ian's delight it wasn't private.

He went onto photos, he noticed the most recent one had been posted 2 hours ago, it was a selfie that showed the ice cream stall behind Chris whilst he made a silly face with the caption: 'Got stuck with the ice cream shift #sistersareevil.' Ian noticed Chris' sister had commented back with a photo of her feet in the pool and the caption: 'Chill day by the pool, perfect on such a hot day #suckstobechris.'

Ian thought that this would make him feel better but it was actually making him feel worse about himself. He discovered that Chris lived in LA and that he was an architect. He was really into fitness and was obviously incredibly proud of his body from the amount of shirtless pics.

Ian backed away from the computer and slumped back into the chair, his eyes caught the framed photo that was sitting on the desk. Inside the frame was a picture Anthony had taken of the two of them the day they'd went to watch the sunset at the beach.

~Flashback~

Anthony climbed up onto the rock, he held a hand out to help Ian up, the sun was just beginning to set. They sat down on the rock, Anthony put his arm around Ian and pulled him close, Ian lay against Anthony's chest, he smiled to himself. These past two months with Anthony had been amazing and he couldn't be happier.

"I love you." Ian said softly. He'd never told Anthony before. He sat up to see Anthony's expression, he just smiled. "I love you too." Anthony said and pulled Ian into a hug. They sat like that for a few moments.

"Hey let's take a picture to remember this moment." Anthony said pulling out his phone. He put his arm around Ian and held his phone sideways getting the sunset and ocean in frame, they smiled and he snapped the picture.

~End of Flashback~

Ian held the photo in his hands looking down at it, he remembered how happy they were in that moment, he wondered how they'd suddenly gotten into this mess. Looking back up at the computer screen he remembered. But it wasn't Chris' fault, it was his own, Anthony hadn't done anything wrong and he'd totally overreacted. "Anthony was right." "I wouldn't be surprised if he left me for someone like Chris." He thought to himself.

*
Anthony woke up, he was quite disorientated, he sat up rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Ian?" He said, it took him a few moments when the fight popped back into his head, he wished that it could have just been a bad dream. He got up out the bed and peered into the hall, he saw that the bathroom door was open, he remembered Ian had been in there.

He went in and turned the light on and looked at himself in the mirror, he sighed, he could really use some relaxing. He pushed the plug down and started the water, squeezing in some bubble bath. He left the bathroom, closing the door a little, when suddenly he heard sobbing. He walked up the hall to the door of the computer room, he listened, it was Ian.

He pushed the door open quietly. He saw Ian sitting with a photo frame in his hands, balling his eyes out. Anthony couldn't take it anymore, he hated seeing his boyfriend like this, it broke his heart, he walked over behind the chair and put his arms around Ian.

"Hey, why is my beautiful baby crying?" Anthony asked as he moved, spinning the chair round a little to face him.

Ian was still crying. Anthony peered at the computer screen noticing a photo of a muscular man with no top and only shorts on, he recognised the face, it was Chris. He looked back down at Ian and then at the photo in his hands, it was one of Anthony's favourite photos. He looked back at the the computer screen, leaned over and closed the tabs.

"Ian don't torture yourself like this." Anthony said removing the photo from Ian's grasp and placing it down, he immediately took Ian's hands and looked up at him.

Ian was just looking down when suddenly he grabbed Anthony into a tight hug and cried into him.

"Shhh, it's okay I'm here." Anthony replied softly, rubbing Ian's back.

"I-I'm s-sorry about ea-earlier." Ian chocked out through sobs.

Anthony pulled back. He tried to lift Ian's head up to look at him but Ian just shut his eyes.

"You've got nothing to be sorry about, that was a horrible thing for me to do and what I said I'll never forgive myself for."

"N-no I was the one that overreacted, it's pretty clear that he's obviously more attractive than me, anybody can see that, I don't blame you." Ian said looking down again.

Anthony immediately lifted his head back up.

"Oh Ian, you don't seriously believe that do you? You are so incredibly handsome, I feel so lucky being able to call you my best friend and boyfriend, in fact you are so much more than that, Ian you're the love of my life. I'm so sorry for what I said earlier, I didn't even know what I was talking about, I know exactly why I'm with you. Ian you're perfect and I know you don't believe me when I say it, but you are, don't doubt yourself. And yeah maybe there are other attractive guys in the world and maybe I'll notice them but just always remember out of all the attractive guys in the world, you're the only one for me."

Ian immediately pulled Anthony into a hug and kissed his cheek.

"I love you so much." He said softly.

Anthony pulled back to look at him, he smiled, pulling Ian in for a soft kiss on the lips.

"I've got a bubble bath going, want to join me?" Anthony asked with a smile.

"Of course, but it's only bubble bath, okay?" Ian replied.

"That's fine, all I want right now is a nice relaxing bath with my favourite person."

He gave Ian a cute smile as he left the room to go turn the water off.

Ian smiled to himself as he propped the photo frame back up on the desk, the happiness was there again. He logged out of Facebook and cleared the history as if he was wiping the slate clean of everything from that fight. He shut the computer down.

Anthony came back into the room. "Bath is ready babe." He said as he leaned down and kissed Ian on the cheek, swirling the chair round, taking his hand and leading him to the bathroom.