Chapter 8

The next morning Anthony awoke, he rolled over to find Ian's side empty. He sat up, "Ian?". Getting no response, he got up from the bed and walked over to the kitchen. He saw a note on the fridge and picked it up to read.

I've gone to check on Daisy. I'll pick something up for breakfast whilst I'm out, I should be back in an hour or so.

Love Ian.

P.s. You look cute when you sleep.

Anthony smiled, placing the note down. He got a glass of water and made his way over to the couch. He placed the glass down on the coffee table and grabbed his laptop.

*

Ian was making his way round the store, he had everything he needed to make pancakes and was now just browsing. He was currently looking round the homeware items, suddenly something caught his eye. Two wooden ornaments painted white, one saying 'Always', the other 'Forever'. Ian smiled to himself, lifting one of each off the shelf and placing them in the cart.

*

Anthony was just doing some work on his laptop, when he heard his phone ringing. He walked over, picking it up from the beside table, he looked at the name, David. "What does he want?" Anthony thought to himself, before hesitantly answering.

"Hello...?"

"Hey Anthony...." He heard David sigh, "Look, I'm just calling to apologise for yesterday, I took the whole Iancorn joke a little too far. You guys make a great couple and I hope it didn't cause a fight or anything."

"No...no, apology accepted. We had a small argument, but it mostly just started 'cause I was overreacting, everything's fine now though." Anthony replied, he was happy for David's apology.

"Well....thanks. I hope we can just put this behind us and forget it ever happened."

"Yeah, I'd like that." Anthony smiled.

"Okay, well I'll see you guys soon."

"Yeah, see you soon."

They said goodbye and ended the call. Anthony returned to the couch, resuming his work on the laptop.

*

Ian parked the car, he got out and lifted the shopping bags from the back seat. Getting to the apartment, he unlocked the door and entered, he saw Anthony sitting on the couch, his attention on his laptop. "Hey." He greeted, closing the door. "Hey." Anthony replied.

Ian hid the bag with the wooden ornaments, as he wanted to surprise Anthony. He took the rest of the bags and placed them in the kitchen, he unpacked them, leaving the ingredients for the pancakes out.

Anthony got up from the couch and walked over behind Ian, he wrapped his arms round him, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Need any help?" He asked.

"Sure." Ian replied.

Anthony placed a kiss on Ian's cheek, before letting him go.

Once they'd finished making the pancakes, they sat down on opposite sides of the table and began eating. They chatted about random topics as they ate. When they'd finished, Anthony extended his arm across the table and took Ian's hand, they both smiled. Ian suddenly remembered.

"Oh...by the way, I got a text from Chris. He asked if this Saturday would be okay for dinner. I'm pretty sure we're free, but I didn't reply, I wanted to double check with you first."

"Um...Saturday..." Anthony said as he thought, "Yeah we're free."

"Okay good, I'll text him back letting him know." Ian replied with a smile.