Chapter 11

Anthony woke up, still tired. He got up and went to the kitchen, he didn't really drink coffee but right now he needed it.

He carried his mug back to the bedroom and set it down on the bedside table. He sat on the bed, watching Ian sleep, sighed and put his head in his hands; a few tears rolled down his face. He got his coffee and his phone, then opened his camera roll. He smiled as he scrolled through old photos of the two of them, wishing that he could go back to those moments. Chris' caller ID popped up on the screen, he left the room to take the call.

"Hey Chris. What's up?" Anthony answered, trying to talk quietly.

"Hey. Not much, I'm just calling to see if you want me to pick you up and we can go get your car?" Chris replied.

Anthony thought for a moment. "Um....I don't know." He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm just worried about leaving Ian on his own."

"Oh...I'm guessing he's not doing so great." Chris said sympathetically.

"No, not really. But I do really need to get my car and go over to my apartment..." Anthony didn't know what to do.

"Is Ian still asleep?" Chris asked.

"Yeah..."

"Well you won't be gone too long. I'm sure you could leave and he'd still be sleeping when you get back."

"Yeah, I suppose."

"Alright. I'll be over soon, I'll text when I'm outside."

"Okay."

They said goodbye. Anthony walked back into the bedroom and sat down on Ian's side. He moved the hair from Ian's face and rubbed his cheek, leaned in and placed a kiss on his head. He went and got changed into some jeans and a tshirt. He wrote a quick note, in case Ian woke up. After about 15 minutes, he got a text from Chris saying he was outside. Anthony placed the note on the bedside table, kissed Ian's cheek and left the apartment.

~~

"So....how's Ian holding up? You said last night wasn't great." Chris asked as they drove.

Anthony sighed heavily, "Not well." He then told Chris everything that had happened.

"And I just don't know what to do. It hurts so much, seeing him like this. I'm supposed to be there to protect him and I wasn't...." Anthony started crying, letting all the built up emotion out.

Chris pulled over. "Hey, don't blame yourself for this. What you're doing is what he needs most right now, you're loving him. You're the one there to comfort him when he needs it most and he probably really appreciates that. Ian loves you so much, anybody can see that, so don't doubt yourself." He said, rubbing Anthony's back.

They sat in silence until Anthony settled down. "Thanks Chris. I really needed to hear that." Anthony said, wiping his eyes.

"No problem." Chris replied with a smile.

Anthony returned a smile. "Sorry about the crying. I've been trying to put on a brave face and I think that was just all the built up emotion from yesterday."

"No, no, don't apologise, it's fine. You needed to get that out." Chris reassured him, starting the car up again.

*

Ian's eyes opened. He rolled over onto his back, noticing the bed was empty. He looked over to grab his phone and noticed the note. He picked it up.

Just gone with Chris to pick up my car. I'm going to stop by my apartment to feed Pip and to get a few things. Shouldn't be long. Keep your phone with you, text me if anything is wrong and I'll come straight back. Also, please don't go for a shower until I get back. I know I'm being annoying but I'm just worried about you. I hope you'll feel happier soon. I love you.