Chapter 14

Ian woke to the sound of his alarm, he groaned, reaching his arm up to grab his phone. He silenced the alarm and looked at the time, 7.02am. He got up out of bed and went to the bathroom. Once he'd used the toilet and brushed his teeth, he made his way back out to the bedroom and put his small suitcase up on the bed. He packed some clothes and toiletries, then wheeled it out to the door once he'd finished.

He got dressed into some jeans, a tshirt and a hoodie. He put Daisy's leash on her and made his way out the door. He took her on a short walk, dropping her off at the kennels.

When he got back to his apartment, he made some cereal and sat down at the table. Whilst he ate, he checked his social medias. Anthony had posted a new photo; it was of him in bed, shirtless, with Pip curled up to him. Ian always loved the way Anthony looked in the mornings, he was tempted to like it and post a witty comment, but as they weren't on speaking terms, he thought it was better he didn't.

He finished the rest of his breakfast and quickly washed the bowl and spoon. He heard his phone go off; a text from Anthony.

"I'm outside." Was all it said. No emojis, no kisses, nothing.

Ian could tell how cold Anthony's tone was by reading it and also the fact that Anthony hadn't come up to the apartment, hurt Ian a little.

He made sure he had everything and that everything was secure in the apartment before he made his way out, wheeling his suitcase behind him.

He made his way out to Anthony's car, "This should be interesting..." He thought to himself. He took a deep breath, opened the back door of the car and placed his suitcase in; then hopped into the front. He put his seatbelt on, as Anthony started pulling away.

An awkward atmosphere settled in the car, they could both feel it. There was nothing but silence. Anthony kept his focus on the road and Ian distracted himself with his phone.

They arrived at the airport, they stepped out and got their separate bags. Once inside they looked at the boards, finding their flight, it was currently 8.48 and their flight takes off at 9.30. They made their way through security, and continued to walk to their gate.

Still having a twenty minute wait, they sat down. They still had barely said two word to each other; both of them were trying to find things to distract themselves with. Ian spotted a Starbucks, "Perfect." He thought.

"Um, I was maybe going to get some coffee. You want anything?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"No thanks." Anthony replied, not taking his attention away from his phone.

Ian stood up and walked away. He didn't actually want coffee, he just needed an excuse to get away from Anthony and the awkwardness for a few minutes.

~~

Ian returned ten minutes later, he sat down and finished off the cookie he'd bought. They sat in silence for a few more minutes, when a voice came through the tanoid, announcing that the flight was boarding. They both stood up with their bags and went to join the queue.

Once they'd gotten on the plane, they found their seats and put their bags in the overhead compartments. Ian took the window, Anthony in the middle, and a businessman in a suit took the isle seat.

They had been flying for around fifteen minutes. Anthony reached down and got his laptop out of his backpack; he sat it on the tray table and turned it on. Ian's attention looked away from the window, to the laptop screen. He watched as Anthony's fingers typed in the password, the screen unlocked, a photo of the two of them set as the desktop background. They both stared for a moment, then Anthony quickly opened a browser to cover the screen. Ian turned his head back, leaning it against the wall and closed his eyes.