Chapter 2: Imbued

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

Maki's training tool whacked against one of Panda's furry arms as he counter attacked her with his other forearm. Kaori walked down the stairs towards the two, wanting to train with them for the first time.

Day two at Jujutsu High, and the teens hopes continued to grow for herself. Nothing had gone wrong so far. Things were actually going well for a change. Without a failure of a father figure to bring her spirits down to an all time low, her mood was significantly high for once. A full night of replenishing sleep helped with this a lot, too.

Panda whined in pain as he threw his chest forward as Maki's tool slammed into his back horizontally, making Maki smirk at her victory. "That's 3-0, Panda," she stated, standing tall over Panda's crumbled figure. "Your slow today."

"I haven't woken up yet!" he retorted, still groaning from the forming bruise on his skin.

Kaori hopped down the last steps, her case being supported by one of her hands on the bottom of it. Her steps made Maki and Panda look over to her. "Hey rookie," Maki greeted with a wave and a fading smirk on her lips.

"Good morning Maki-senpai!" she replied, taking off her guitar case and placing it against a tree. She flipped the latches off and pulled out a false blade made out of wood. Kaori had gotten this specifically to train with because it was a similar size and shape to her other small daggers, and it wouldn't hurt anyone she would be training with. "Can I train with you two?" she asked, walking away from the open case and into the field.

Panda stood on his feet again and lifted his leg in an attempt to knock over Maki, but he was stopped with a swift movement of her tool. Panda groaned and stepped back from her as Kaori approached.

"Sure, but I think Panda is a better match for today. He's not on his game," she teased as her tool rested on her shoulder while she walked towards the stairs.

Panda deadpanned at Maki in annoyance, but nonetheless took on a fighting stance just as his classmate did.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Fwap.

Kaori landed on the ground harshly as Panda returned to a normal stance, becoming pleased with himself for getting back in the grove of training. "That's 3-2! I win!" he boasted, placing his paws on his hips as he laughed in pleasure.

The girl rubbed her lower back with a sour look on her pained face. "I did better than I thought I would at least, heh," she laughed, standing up slowly to take her well deserved break.

Panda followed her over to the steps to join Maki who was already sipping on her water. "Nice job, Kaori," she said, giving her classmate a thumbs up.

Smiling back at her, she sat down with a sigh. The autumn wind blew past the three, not bothering any of them because of their heavy attire. Kaori had a skirt on just like Maki, but the wind didn't faze them at all.

"Maki-senpai, Panda-senpai," the girl said, twirling her weapon between her fingers as her head was supported by her other palm. The first years glanced at her, humming for her to continue. "What kind of cursed techniques do you both use?"

Her question made Maki frown. "I can't manipulate my own cursed energy."

Kaori's fingers stopped moving, dropping the wood onto the ground. "Huh?"

"I can't see curses either. That's why I wear these glasses," she said, taking her circular frames from her nose to draw Kaori's sight to them. "I have to used tools that have already been imbued with a curse because of it."

Kaori felt astonished by this. "Really?! But- but aren't you like crazy strong? You wiped the floor with Panda earlier!" she gasped, pointing a finger at the field as she raised her voice from the shock.

The cursed corpse just shook his head in shame. I got mopped.

Maki returned her glasses onto her nose, sighing as she waved her hand. "I have to make up for my weakness in physical strength, it's just how it has to be."

Her calm manner confused Kaori, wondering if she could become like Maki one day. "Then... why did you become a sorcerer?"

Maki smirked as she closed her eyes, "I'm from the Zen'in clan. I did it to piss them all off," she said proudly. "How would they all react if someone like me became a powerful sorcerer? I'd love to see the look on their faces."

This statement encouraged her classmate, feeling something very similar to her own family. "You've got a whole family to show your strengths to. If I can piss my dad off, that would be all I could hope for in life," she grinned, imagining a sour look on her dads face as she returns home as a grade one, or even a special grade sorcerer.

Maki looked over to the girl who was staring off into the distance with stars in her eyes. I like this girl.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Later that day, Kaori remembered that she hadn't seen one of her classmates at all. Picking up her phone as she sat on her bed, she opened her text messages and typed into the box: Where were you all day?

She laid back onto her pillows, just barley getting comfortable when she received a reply.

Toge Inumaki
I had a solo mission in Kyoto, sorry

No worries, I was training with Panda and Maki so I thought you might have showed up too

Texting is my best bet at getting to know him.

Kaori tapped her phone with the edge of her finger as she thought.

How did the mission go?

Across the hallway and down a few rooms, Inumaki laid in his own bed, happy to see someone cared enough to ask.

Boring, the curse wasn't all that interesting

Kaori Tsukumo
Would it be a good match for me on my first mission?

Maybe, I can always come with you in case

Inumaki starred at his screen, wondering if he should have said that or not.

Smiling at her screen from her own room, Kaori replied,

I look forward to it!