Chapter 15: Sore Throat

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

All the Tokyo students immediately rushed into the forest, discussing the plans one last time.

"Let's head for the middle, it's a good place to start looking for the curse."

"At the designated time we'll split into the Panda and Megumi teams like we discussed."

"Got it!"

As they continued to run, a spider like curse hung from the tree ahead. It was a grade three, which Maki had pointed out as she prepared to exorcise it.

"Stop!" Megumi yelled, referring to what emerged inches away from the curse.

"Good!" the topless man from a day ago shouted as he smiled widely. "Everyone come at me at once!"

"It's Todo!"

Without hesitation, Yuuji slammed his knee into Todo's face, distracting him as the remains of the group split and left Yuuji to fight off Todo as they had agreed.

"Split up!" Maki ordered, and everyone followed, breaking off into the Panda and Megumi teams.

Kaori split from half her peers, following Maki and Megumi into the woods away from the fight. She held her gun towards the ground, eyes flickering behind each tree waiting for an ambush.

Megumi shifted his hands, summoning his nue to take down the witch girl in the sky.

"Take her down."

The nue followed the order, rocketing into the sky and knocking the girl sideways and off balance. As the other two girls looked to the sky, another Kyoto student emerged from the woods. Maki was quick to stop the blue haired girl, and Megumi handled the second student that followed behind her. Kaori turned on her heel and steadied her aim, waiting for the moment to pull the trigger.

"Kaori!" Maki yelled her way, blocking the sword that was thrown towards her. "Continue with the plan!"

Kaori nodded shortly, dashing off once again to the center of the boundaries in search of the winning curse. Her travel through the woods kept her on high alert for more of the seemingly aggressive Kyoto students.

She hadn't fought another person seriously yet, so as she knew not a thing to expect, she kept her distance as the plan had decided. Her role was to stay away from the other sorcerers and hunt the main curse.

So as the woods thinned out, and the sun became more prominent in the sky, her nerves relaxed as the clear landscape gave her little to no surprises waiting to happen.

Her run continued, and later, a lone tree in the landscape hid a mutated curse behind it. Kaori could feel it's presence nearby, and as she halted her steps, she circled around the tree, the curse following as it continued to hide. It's body had molded to the width of the tree, making no part of it visible from the other side. Kaori continued to circle, quietly raising her gun to prepare an attack. She infused a bullet silently with a technique, blowing out a deep breathe as she pulled the trigger.

"Reflect."

The bullet flew out of the barrel, reflecting to the other side of the tree where the curse hid, blasting a hole through the tree and sending the top half hurling towards the grass. As the shade beneath the tree became nonexistent, the curse grew wider and bubbled up, creating a lumpy and uneven body.