Chapter 18: So Far

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

"The days following when he first kissed me, everything just kept getting better.

The next morning, when we all met in the common area for classes, Toge was standing next to Panda in front of you and Maki. I could see both of you laughing to yourselves, and I guess Toge took an interest in listening to you.

I remembered how nice it felt to hug him, he was so gentle with me but he still kept me close to him just enough. He's the first boy I ever hugged. I just wanted to feel that way again. I didn't think it would embarrass either one of us, I'd never been in a relationship. When I ran up behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso from underneath his arms that were of course in his pockets, he stiffened. I hugged him closely for a few seconds until I felt how his body was shaking.

I'd felt that same vibration before from the first man I tried to hug.

I released my grip on him, sliding my arms off of him because I knew he was uncomfortable. I was about to nail my arms to my sides and start apologizing like I learned to, but before my fingertips left the fabric of his uniform, he turned around to face me, bending his knees and pulling my arms over his shoulders.

I was lifted off the ground and spun in the air. I held onto him in fear that he would toss me, but as my arms wrapped around his neck, he lightly tapped my feet back onto the ground.

I could feel his body growing warmer as he pressed himself gently against me once again. He smelled so nice, like peppermint. His voice was smooth and deep from the morning. I could hear him laughing in my ear.

I'm always the type of person to hug someone around their waist. I always need comforted. As his fingers reached around my back and trailed my ribs on either side of my stomach, I felt a new sensation in my stomach. I could feel my face growing hotter, and I was no longer breathing.

He spoke this time, his voice still smooth and now whispering, "I'm so happy to see you.""

"And then what happened?"

"You were there, we all went to class after."

Nobara tossed her pencil onto the table in the darkly lit room. "I need details, Kaori."

She tilted her head, looking at the pitch black ceiling as she thought more. "I don't remember anything else other than normal classes that day, sorry."

"Well what about after that day?"

"We went to school."

Nobara sighed heavily at her dense friend, shaking her head with a pitiful smile, "dates? Hangouts? Affection?"

"Affection?"

"How does he show you he loves you?!"

Kaori thought again, deciding to answer her questions in order.

"Sometimes we go to a store nearby, hang out, walk the isles, and play simple games. We played hide and seek our first time in a Target, but we got kicked out by management.

Other than that we still go shopping together, sometimes he comes over to my dorm for a movie night."

"Does he spend the night?"