Chapter 10: Caffeine and Jokes

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

"Another coffee, miss?"

Kaori and Maki look up from their magazines, both responding to "miss."

"Same order, please."

Maki nods in agreement, "same here," she tells the cafe worker.

As the lady walks away, scribbling on her notepad, Panda peeks out from behind his magazine to get a paw on his coffee, taking a slow sip as he looks around the shop. "Surprising no one kicked us out yet."

Kaori looked up from her papers. "They only kick mutts out."

Panda grinned and snapped a finger at her, she replied with a confident smile.

Inumaki leaned his head deeper into Panda's fur, thinking hard about something no one could guess.

"Are you tired?" Okkotsu asked, leaning onto his knees from his spinning chair.

The blonde rubbed his head into the black fur more as he implied a "no." He groaned to himself.

The brunette set her magazine down to ask for herself, almost slamming the paper into her lap as she looked up again. "What's wrong?"

Inumaki took one hand off of his coffee as he held up a finger to the girl. He leaned forward to place his coffee on the table and then to ruffle his hair in thought. He mumbled more and stayed silent after his hands stopped moving through his spiky hair.

Maki and Panda peeked over their magazines now, watching a groaning classmate sulk by the floor. Okkotsu watched him worriedly, letting his coffee warm his hands as he stayed put in his swivel seat.

Suddenly, Inumaki kicked the table slightly as he stood up and jumped to the other end of the table so that his classmates were now his audience. "Tuna tuna!!"

Everyone listened right away, setting down magazines and coffees to watch the blonde. Kaori rested her elbows on her knees as she leaned forward to see around Maki who was resting an elbow on her chair arm.

Inumaki tugged his green collar up his face, letting it rest around his eyes as he now adjusted his uniform collar. He lifted one hand, crossed his fingers and said, "tuna mayo, salmon caviar."

He looked exactly like Gojo in his stupid classes, always showing off his stance for his domain expansion.

Everyone burst out laughing immediately as they understood his impression. Okkotsu covered his mouth as tears shot out of his eyes while Panda threw his head back and stomped his feet. The girls faced each other as they laughed, imitating Inumaki's impression as Maki hit the arm chair and Kaori held her stomach.

"Do-m-" Maki tried to repeat Gojo's domain phrase, but stopped halfway through the first word just to continue laughing along with Kaori who was now making fun of her.

Inumaki, still standing in front of the group, pulled his collar back down around his neck and smiled at the group, laughing at Maki and Kaori as they made fun of each other.

As Inumaki returned to his seat and the others started to calm down, other than Maki and Kaori, Kaori pointed a finger at the dark haired boy and stuttered through her laughter, "Okk-kktsu... you d-do one!"

The boy timidly stood up and did an impression of another teacher, earning a round of laughs from everyone.

As they all stood up to do an impression, more rounds of coffee were served and soon enough the shop was closing. The group of students were the last ones to stay as the manager had to shoo them outside into the wintery cold. The seemingly below zero air made Kaori tug at her new scarf as the group of four returned to the school grounds.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

"See you tomorrow, Okkotsu!" Kaori shouted down the hallway with a wave as the boy opened his dorm.

"Call me Yuta, please!" he waved back, also shouting from his high amounts of caffeine in his system.

"Kaori then!" she replied, wanting to be on a first name basis as well.

Inumaki stood beside her the whole time they shouted back and fourth, suddenly feeling left out. As soon as Yuta slipped through his door, Kaori let her arm drop slowly to her side as she faced the other boy. "I'm wide awake, are you?"

He nods, "tuna mayo?" He points down the hallway.

"You wanna go somewhere?"

"Salmon."

Kaori nods and stuffs her hands into her coat pockets. "I know a place, c'mon."

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

The pair sat on a frosty bench outside of the dorms, the winter air still biting at their exposed skin. Kaori nuzzled her face into her scarf, its material keeping in the heat she much needed. Inumaki looked at the sky, and then down to where his classmate was slumped on the bench beside him.

He laughed at her quietly, removing his gloved hand from his coat pocket to poke at her arm.

She looked up, her eyes wide from her energy and her cheeks pink from the cold. "Hm?" she mumbled into the scarf.

Inumaki pointed to his ears, "tuna?"

She sat still a moment, thinking over the question. When she came to her senses, she quietly focused her cursed energy around her ears. "Go ahead," she said, sitting up straight.

He stayed silent, thinking over his choice of words. Kaori stuffed her face further into her scarf as he contemplated.

"Well I... I noticed that everyone else is on a first name basis with you." He looked down at the snow, thinking some more. "I want to be that way too, only if it's okay with you."

His eyes reconnected with hers after he finished speaking, her green ones narrowing as she smiled under the fabric. "Of course we can, sorry if you felt left out by that. I wasn't sure what you were comfortable with so I took the safe route."

His body warmed by her words, happy he could speak normally with someone like her. "Thank you."

"'Course."

After a while of nonsense talking and shivering, the two decided that it was best to get some sleep for upcoming classes. Walking back to Kaori's room, Inumaki hoped that they would talk again soon.

"Thanks for the company," Inumaki said.

"Anytime," Kaori responded, turning the key in her dorm room lock. She looked back up and pulled the scarf down below her chin, her cheeks still as pink as her lips. "Goodnight, Toge."

Her smile immediately reflected one onto his face as he replied, "goodnight, Kaori."

A/n:
Here's the fanart I used to inspire this chapter!
(Sorry idk the creds cuz I found it on Pinterest!)

A/n:Here's the fanart I used to inspire this chapter!(Sorry idk the creds cuz I found it on Pinterest!)

Next up...

Part 2: More