Chapter 12: Back on Campus

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

Kaori held her phone to her chest as she waved her hand wildly in the air. "Toge!" she called, ushering the boy to join her in the sun.

The cursed speech user looked up from his own phone, the patches of sun showing on his face from where he sat under the tree. He eyed her quietly, and she shouted again,

"come over here!"

Tucking his phone away, he hopped up from the tree roots and jogged over to the track where his brunette classmate stood. She had looked away for a moment to watch Maki and Panda spar in the field, but turned her gaze back to Toge as he joined her. Kaori held her phone into the air and pulled him to her side by his shoulder. He stumbled towards her slightly, but stood straighter when she exclaimed,

"I want to take a picture!"

Toge looked at her phone screen, and the camera showed how happily she smiled. Despite the pinkness growing on his face again, he unzipped his collar and looked at her real face.

"Smile!" she chirped, turning her hand around his shoulders into a peace sign.

He turned his sight to the camera lens again, putting one of his hands into a peace sign as well as sticking out the tip of his tongue to show the snake fang seal.

Kaori took the picture.

"I think that was a good one," she announced, clicking on the image as she lowered her hand.

She pulled on his shoulder more, smiling as she zoomed in on both of their faces. "Perfect first try!"

She giggled at the small speck of a tongue Toge showed, but also silently admired him as they still stood linked on the track. Her thoughts were interrupted with a sharp poke to her spine. She arched her back from the surprise but stopped when she heard Toge softly speaking,

"can you send that to me?"

She mixed her next words with a giggle, "sure."

Her one hand tapped on the screen, clicking out of her messages from Maki and then onto Toge's name, which had been changed from his full name.

To "Toge :)":

One attachment

He lightly smiled as he read his contact name and felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

"Thanks," he murmured, poking her back again.

Kaori let go from the touch, realizing that he was sloughing the whole time and was probably uncomfortable. He was just slightly taller than her, but even so she felt bad about it. She laughed as she backed away from him.

"Hey lovebirds! Get over here!" Maki barked from the field, one of her boots on Panda's back. The corpse sighed out of his mouth, defeated once again.

Kaori jogged over to where Maki stood, Toge following behind her as he zipped up his collar.

As Kaori stood in front of Maki, she kicked one leg back and leaned forward into a bow, happily saying, "all hail Maki!"

The green haired girl smirked and pulled her foot from Panda's back, walking over to toss her own arm around Kaori.

"Lemme see that picture."

The girl beneath her arm giggled a little, grabbing her phone from her pocket. "Yes my queen."

Maki happily tightened her arm around her friend, watching as she pulled up the new picture she had taken. Kaori turned her phone towards Maki, looking towards Toge and Panda, who had finally stood up, as she did so.

"Hmph, guess my girl's taken already," Maki huffed.

She just laughed off her comment, switching to the camera app. "Not completely!" she said, "smile!"

Maki kept her teasing grin on her face as she pressed her face closer go Kaori's. The brunette smiled widely, pressing the button. Just as she lowered her phone, Maki snatched it from her hands.

"I'll take that-" Maki flipped the camera, pushing Kaori towards the other second years.

"Wait I wanted to see-"

Kaori's mouth shut as Panda pressed a heavy paw on her shoulder. Toge's shoulder smashed into her second one as Panda pressed them together.

"Smile you two!" Panda shouted, open-mouthed smiling at the camera Maki held.

As Maki lowered the camera, Panda leaned over towards the two, whispering in their ears, "you two should stop denying you like each other."

His paws released the second after and they both stumbled away. Panda walked over to Maki to view the picture, and Kaori visibly blushed for the first time. This sight of her made Toge turn away in embarrassment, almost huddling on the ground.

"You've gotta see this!"

Panda and Maki both laughed at the expression on the two's faces, waving Kaori and Toge over as they continued to embarrass them.

Kaori stumbled over, covering her mouth where her face was most flushed. She looked at the image, starting to sweat as she saw everyone's face. Panda was happy as could be, but Toge's eyes were wide as he looked at Kaori, and hers was an open mouth, surprised expression.

Panda and Maki laughed more at Kaori from her reaction to the image, and Maki quickly sent the photo to the second year group chat. Toge's phone buzzed from his pocket and as he stayed turned away, he opened his messages.

Maki and Panda snickered as he stood facing away, trembling at proof that he liked Kaori.