Chapter 24: I Can't Say - Part One

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ...♡

Kaori walked down the hallway, stopping in front of Principal Yaga's office. She knocked on the door three times, waiting for an answer.

"Come in," he said.

She opened the door, stepped inside, and bowed her head to greet him. "Sorry for interrupting," she apologized upon seeing Gojo standing in front of Yaga's desk.

"That's alright, what is it?"

She played with her fingers while she spoke, "I was wondering if Toge and I could have permission to go away this weekend to my family home, leaving Friday evening and returning Sunday afternoon."

He looked to Gojo for his opinion, and he nodded at Yaga. "You may."

With a smile, "thank you!"

He nodded back to her, looking towards Gojo as the white haired sorcerer began to speak. "When do you want to begin your technique training, Kaori?"

"Is Monday okay?"

He held his thumb up, "meet me in the dojo after school."

"Will do," she nodded, turning to leave.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Two days later, Toge knocked on Kaori's door. She answered, her small bag slung over her arm.

"Ready?" he asked, offering to hold her bag.

She pulled her arm away, but he insisted so she reluctantly gave in with a sigh. "I guess so."

She locked her door, heading down the hall next to him.

"Aren't you happy to go?" he questioned, holding onto her hand lightly as she dropped hers to her side.

"I'm just a little worried, but I'm sure it'll be fine."

Ijichi opened the door for the pair once they arrived at the gates, during the car ride, she stared out the window. The landscape became more and more recognizable and her fears lifted away from her. She told herself over and over, "everything's fine."

Once the car stopped, she got out quickly, grabbing her bag from the trunk of the car and thanking their driver before heading up to the front steps.

Her boyfriend followed behind her, glad to see she was excited after seeming gloomy the whole day.

Kaori knew her mom was waiting for her to arrive, so once she was at the door she knocked quickly, and then opened the door immediately after. "I'm home!" she greeted.

Footsteps came down from the hallway, and the pair of students stepped into the doorway, kicking off their shoes and looking around the house. Kaori's mother came down the hallway, a second set of footsteps echoing around the house behind her. A third, quick sounding set followed suit.

Kaori set down her bag, stepping off of the doormat and onto the hardwood floor, opening her arms wide to hug her mom that was approaching the door. They embraced, sighing in a content state, asking each other how the other was doing before the footsteps became louder.