Chapter 5: You're it

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

The group of three, Kaori, Panda, and Inumaki, walked along the Tokyo Jujutsu High building as they headed towards the training field. Gojo had instructed the three to train amongst themselves, no rules or regulations to follow. Typically, non-instructed training meant sparring with each other, but wouldn't everyone already be tired of that?

Once they stepped onto the pavement at the foot of the staircase, Kaori slung her weapons case off of her back and set it at the roots of a nearby tree. "Why don't we play tag?" she asked, taking a hair tie off of her wrist as she looped her hair into a ponytail.

"Tag? Isn't that a kids game?" Panda asked, stepping around Inumaki who stared at Kaori as he wondered what her reasoning for that suggestion was.

The girl sighed and laughed to herself as she shook her head. "Yes, but it can still be training if you think about it. It involves running, we train for that, and it can improve our agility because we have to dodge the one who's it, right?" She dragged out her last word, putting more hopeful consideration into her idea.

Inumaki looked at the ground as he considered, looking up with a nod as he removed one of his hands from his pockets to show her a thumbs up, "salmon," he agreed.

Kaori grinned and looked towards Panda for his approval.

The corpse rubbed his chin with a paw as he crossed his other arm around his chest. He hummed as he came to a decision. "I'm in, good job making things fun, newbie." The panda ginned as he mirrored Inumaki with a thumbs up.

The 'newbie' threw a fist in the air, a victory over her classmates well earned. She cheered as she jogged to the center of the field, spinning around as she declared, "I will be it since I came up with the game!"

"Catch us if you can!" Panda yelled, laughing menacingly as he sprinted to the far eastern end of the grass.

Kaori dashed after him, laughing as well. Inumaki walked calmly to the western end, watching Panda dodging the girls attempts to tag him. But before long, the corpse failed in his attempts and was tagged by the girl, who sprinted away with another laugh as she yelled, "no tag backs!"

Panda moaned in defeat and headed towards Inumaki who started to be frightened by the look in the corpse's eyes. He shivered as he planted his feet, ready to sprint in either direction. The Panda hurled at him, arms spread wide as he trapped the boy in his furry grasp. Inumaki was fast, but he was stunned by this new side of Panda, rendering him paralyzed.

Before Panda had time to stand up from the ground and run away, Inumaki patted him on the shoulder as he sprinted away. "Tuna tuna!"

"HEY YOU CAN'T-" Panda shouted, as he stood up, dumbfounded.

The girl among the three laughed as she ran away from Panda towards Inumaki, shouting from over her shoulder, "you didn't say no tag backs!"

Trying not to snap, Panda gathered himself up and sprinted towards Kaori full speed. The girl ran with her head high, hoping she could evade his increasing speed and angered temper. Without even sensing him behind her, Panda's paw slapped Kaori on the shoulder, startling her as she gasped. "No tag backs!" Panda yelling, grinning at his accomplishment.

The girl merely scoffed as she kept running, aiming her outstretched hand for Inumaki who still ran in front of her. His eyes met hers as he glanced over his shoulder, the purple hues in his eyes showing signs of fear. The girls intense spirit and lust for winning had startled Inumaki, making him drop speed as she poked a finger just above the small of his back.