Chapter 9: Day of

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

"Leaving already, Inumaki?"

He nodded along with Panda who stood beside him.

Kaori looked up at Panda as she pulled her striped jacket around her stomach, switching her eyes back down to the blonde with eyes full of worry. "Come find me when you get back, okay?"

Inumaki and Panda both nodded. "Don't worry 'bout us, we'll be back in no time," Panda said, stepping forward to ruffle the girls hair.

She stepped back with a smile as his claws tangled up her locks. When he removed his paw, the brunette jumped forward and hugged the corpse. His reassurance wouldn't stop her from a goodbye hug. Inumaki's eyes widened as the girl turned to him next and trapped him in an embrace, her arms locking his next to his sides. She let go quickly as to not delay their departure to Kyoto any longer, and as she turned down the hallway to her dorm, she waved at the two with a final, "good luck!"

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Kaori sighed as she mindlessly stared out her window once finishing reading a book for school. The sun was setting and the campus grounds were covered with a pink haze of light. As the sun disappeared, a bright-white veil fell over the haze, startling the teen as she scrambled to grab a weapon and head outside. As she unlocked her case, footsteps flew past her door and hurried Kaori along even more. When she had a gun in hand and her key stuffed in her pocket, she threw open her door to see Maki at the other end of the hallway.

"Maki! Wait up!" she yelled at her classmate as her pulled the mid-range to her chest.

The green haired girl stopped in her tracks upon hearing her name. Her head snapped to the side and when she saw Kaori, she shouted in return, "get outside!"

Kaori wasted no time to get to Maki's side and follow her to where an intruder had resided. The early night air tickled their legs as their lounge clothes both consisted of shorts and a jacket covering a tank top, but even with the chill they continued.

At the center of the veil was the target, Suguru Geto. He turned his head to the girls as they joined him in the courtyard. "So... your here."

"That a problem?" Maki asked, lifting her weapon along with Kaori at her side.

"But what exactly are you doing here?" Kaori asked, pointing her barrel at the curse user.

"I don't need to waste my time on you two." Geto summoned a large curse, and with the outreach of his hand, it flew towards the girls who charged at it. Kaori fired her cursed energy bullets, and the curse evaded them by burrowing under the concrete. Maki stood still a moment, shouting "jump!" as the rock below them broke into pieces. Their reactions had been too slow, for the moment the curse shot up into the air both of the girls had suffered a crippled leg and a blow to the whole body. They both landed at the far end of the courtyard, unconscious and badly wounded.

As Inumaki and Panda arrived later, they suffered a similar fate of being blasted into the walls and knocked mostly unconscious. The final student to arrive was Okkotsu, and what he saw triggered a fuse inside him to snap.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

One visit from Shoko and a boss fight later...