Chapter 19: Notebook

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

Toge knocked on his girlfriends dorm room door, seconds later met with her excited face.

"Movie night!" she squealed, pulling him by the arm to her couch. She flopped down on the cushion, Toge falling down with her. Kaori climbed over him, hugging his neck as she twisted back and forth.

He laughed from how excited she was, and how her eyes squinted when she smiled. He always loved when she got excited, and with her being excited tonight, he hugged her back just as tightly.

After she got her filling of a hug, she twisted back towards the TV, leaning forwards to grab the remote on the coffee table in front of her. When she sat back down, she tossed both of her legs over one of his, leaning her upper body into his side.

She flicked through her saved movies, pulling up the video for the movie Nobara recommended to her. "Kugi said we should watch this, is that okay?"

"Anything you want," he grinned, pulling her close by her waist.

She smiled back, quickly kissing his cheek before she started the movie.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Kaori softly gasped as a certain heated scene came on the TV screen. Grabbing the remote, she paused it, asking Toge if she could skip this part of the movie, to which he agreed with a pink face.

Returning to the movie, Kaori leaned her head heavily on her boyfriend. He could hear her breathing slow down, and the weight on his shoulder becoming heavier.

"Kaori..."

She hummed, turning her head to him as he laid a hand on her cheek.

"Do you want to lay down?"

His fingers brushed under her eyes, which became softer as the time passed and she started to become more tired.

She nodded her head, watching as he pulled a pillow to the arm of the chair, turning on his side and laying down. He tapped the half of the pillow she could lay on, and held his other arm out to her.

Sleepily, she climbed towards the inner part of the couch where she soon laid down, one of her arms and legs tossing over his own to continue to hug and stay close to him.

As the movie ended, tears slipped down Kaori's face, and she began to mumble about the sad nature of the movie to no one in particular but herself. Toge could feel his eyes burning, and as Kaori started to sniffle from beside him, he had tears of his own coming down his cheeks.

"Play whatever movie is next, I need to distract myself," she sobbed, wiping her tears with her knuckles.

But after starting the second movie, Kaori was soon asleep.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

He turned off the TV quietly, adjusting his eyes to the darkness of her room. Sliding out from under her, he slumped onto the floor and kneeled in front of the couch. She was completely passed out, and from how cute he thought she looked, Toge didn't want to wake her up. His arms wrapped around her back and her legs, pulling her close to his chest. Bending his knees, he carried her like she were his bride as she had done to him not so long ago. He walked her unconscious body over to her bed, awkwardly pulling back the covers as he tried to keep her as still as possible.

He laid her down gently, pulling the covers up to her nose and tucking her hair away from her face before he kissed her nose and shuffled towards the door. He opened the door, locking it from the inside before he heard a hushed voice.

"Toge..."

The blonde turned around to see her arm laying off of the edge of her mattress. He walked over, hovering his head over her as he asked, "what is it?"

She reached for his hand with hers, pulling it down to the edge of the comforter. "Stay the night."

He watched her quarter lidded eyes blink slowly before they looked up at him once he didn't respond.

"I'll- I'll stay on the couch then."

Her second hand emerged from the covers she was still buried under. One continued to pull him down to her, and the other pushed back the covers by the edge of the mattress. "Sleep with me."

"With you..."

She whined from her exhaustion, throwing her second hand around his wrist and forcing him down to her, "next to me, Toge."

His elbows were now touching the sheets, and she kept pulling him down.

"Please.."

His face flushed slightly, hesitating to agree but still giving in. "You'll have to let go," he whispered, earning another tug before he was released.

He hesitated again as he began to lie down, feeling overly nervous about something he shouldn't be nervous about. He fidgeted with the sheets while sitting up, feeling something soft touch his back.

"Extra pillow.." she mumbled, yawning before she laid back down.

Toge continued to sit up straight, his heart racing as he could smell her sheets all around him.

Kaori closed her eyes just barley, still feeling an uneven weight shift on the mattress. She closed her eyes again, reaching her arm out and trailing it up his arm to his hand. She locked her fingers in his, instructing him to, "lay down."

As he did, he kept himself planted at the edge of the bed, feeling some of his back falling off of the side. His racing heartbeat was interrupted when Kaori asked him, "do you not want to sleep next to me?"

He stopped breathing as he thought out an answer that could explain what he was feeling.

"It's the same as the couch," she told him, wondering why he was distancing himself away. "I just want you to be here all night."

"I want to be here, but you've never asked for something like this," he explained, turning on his side to see her looking at him already.

"Why would this be a big deal?" she asked honestly, yawning again.

He wondered why he thought the way he did in the first place. Deciding it was something he was taught, he threw that idea away immediately. Because he had a girlfriend, and she wanted him to sleep next to her, he was allowed to decide what was right for himself.

"Nothing is wrong, don't worry about it," he breathed out, pulling his arms up under his pillow.

She sighed, turning off the layer of cursed energy around her ears so that she could summon her last ounces of strength for the night. She wrapped her hands around his waist, pulling him away from the edge and closer to where she laid.

"Your going to fall off the bed if you sleep over there," she mumbled into his shirt, wrapping her hands up to his shoulders. "Stay in the middle with me..."

His mouth was agape, wondering how she could have dragged him a foot with how tired she seemed to be. But he knew already how strong she was, and he loved that about her. Now that he was comfortable, he tucked his hand under her neck, and his other around her shoulders.

"Caviar."

A/N:
I tried not to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't watched it, but you definitely should! it's super lovey and sad :(