Chapter 6: Pressure

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

Inumaki stood in front of a full length mirror, pressing his finger to his nose to make sure the bleeding had stopped. Thankfully, Kaori's now ruined towels had done the trick to stop the blood from running down his lips.

"Is it alright now?" Kaori asked from the seat of her chair, resting her head on her crossed forearms along the back of the seat.

The boy wiped the towel at his upper lip once more, nodding his head as he turned around and walked back over to the seat they shared. "Salmon."

When he sat back down he folded up the towel so the blood couldn't be seen and removed his phone from his pocket again.

Ding!

Kaori lifted her phone off of her leg and looked at her messages,

Toge Inumaki
Sorry I ruined your towels...

The girl glanced back up at him, and a frown was shown on his uncovered face.

"Really it's fine, I brought these towels for stuff like this. Plus, they were cheap."

The sour smell of blood lingered in the room now, and Inumaki's pink nose stood out from his pale skin tone. He looked towards his phone screen again, typing one last message before he stood up.

I'll go now, it's late already

Kaori read this message, pausing to wonder what she would even do with his used towel. Looking up, she replied, "ok," and then stood up along with him.

Inumaki still had the towel in his hands as he led the way to the door, and he turned around offering up the towel, asking what to do with it. "Tuna?"

Kaori intertwined her fingers behind her back as she sighed and answered, "you can just throw that away." She nodded her head towards a trash can against the wall.

He tossed the fabric into the basket and turned halfway to the door, placing his fingers along the lock as he pulled up his collar again. Looking towards his phone again, he once again texted her,

Thank you, goodnight :)

Shortly after receiving the message, Kaori replied tiredly, "of course, goodnight Inumaki."

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

In the morning, the first thing to catch Kaori's eye outside of her door was a familiar guitar case with a sticky note attached. Her weapons case had been returned during the night by Panda, as a signed note with his handwriting read,

You forgot something ૮๑˶‎ﻌ ˶

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

Three months later

"Okkotsu's really improving," Kaori beamed as her chin rested on her hand.

Inumaki nodded from next to her as they both watched the newest of the first years spar with Maki, and he was doing much better with as much practice as he has had.

Just as Kaori looked away and looked back, Maki had taken Okkotsu by surprise and dodged his attack with the splits. Kaori gasped at her flexibility, in total awe over her classmate.

Maki flipped the boy onto his back and "lightly" tapped his head with her weapon, "aaand your dead," she said, standing back up in glory. "I win again."