Chapter 17: Shared Umbrella

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

The following morning, Kaori had dressed herself up nicer than usual. A day off school and a hangout with the boy she admitted to having a crush on gave her a reason to dress up in some of her favorite clothes.

As she opened the door with her phone and keys in her hand, she clicked on her text message with Toge to alert him that she was ready to leave. But as she stepped outside, her eyes sprang up to see Toge also staring at his phone in front of her door.

Ding!

Kaori looked up, and then back down at her phone which lit up.

Toge :) :

I'm here

She smiled lightly, glancing up at him to see him also dressed nicely. It was a sight that made her think even more highly of him, and she immediately thought he looked cute.

Toge smiled back at her, seeing her look even prettier than a normal day at school made his cheeks rosy.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked, putting her phone and keys in her pocket.

As her ears immediately covered themselves in cursed energy the moment she left her dorm, he replied, "yes."

"Cmon," she said, waving her hand as she began to walk. He joined her at her side, pulling his scarf over his seals. "Should we get some coffee first?"

He nodded, feeling around the inside of his pocket to make sure he had money for the both of them.

As they arrived and stood at the back of the line, Kaori's eyes squinted to see the menu better. A drink similar to her regular order caught her eye, and she pulled out the money she would have to pay for it with.

When the line shortened, Kaori first told the cashier her order, then turned to Toge to ask what he wanted.

Without the ability to speak regularly in public, he pulled his hands from his pockets, one pointing to the drink he wanted and the second holding a credit card. Kaori pressed her head against his, following his finger to the name of the drink.

"Number 12?"

He nodded, his hair brushing hers before she pulled her head away.

"A number 12, please."

The cashier named the price of the items, turning the keypad towards the pair before they were interrupted.

"Tuna tuna!" Toge exclaimed, pointing his hand to the menu above them.

Kaori looked up suddenly, her hand full of money pausing as she tried to see what she was told to look at.

As she scanned the menu, Toge inserted his card into the keypad, paying for their orders. A beeping noise alerted Kaori, and she turned her head to see the cashier already walking away to prepare the drinks.

Toge walked to the end of the counter, placing his card into his pocket while Kaori trailed behind him.

"I could've payed for mine," she informed him, pouting as she felt bad for him paying for both items.