Chapter 4: Late

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

"Did you hear about the transfer student starting today?" Panda asked, standing behind the other first years. "Apparently, he crammed four of his classmates into a locker."

Maki responded to him, "he killed them?"

"Tuna mayo."

Panda shook his head. "Nope. Word is they only suffered severe injuries."

Hmph. Maki began walking towards their classroom, having her classmates trail behind her. "If he's cocky I'll rough him up a bit."

Kaori nodded at her statement.

"Fish flakes," Inumaki agreed.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

"Transfer student incoming!" Gojo-sensei yelled, placing his hands next to his face as he faced his students, grinning in a childish way. "Let's get the party..." he glanced at everyone, noticing their low enthusiasm. "Started..."

"I hear he's quite the punk," Maki stated, unamused by Gojo's enthusiasm. "As for being nice to that kind of guy... no thanks."

"Salmon," Inumaki agreed.

Panda and Kaori stayed quiet, feeling that the two had summed up the class' feelings as a whole.

Gojo sighed. "Well, whatever." He turned his head to the door and shouted for the boy on the other side, "come on in!"

I guess i'll just ignore him... Kaori thought.

The door creaked open, and the atmosphere suddenly got colder. A chill shot up the arms of the first years as the new student and his special grade curse walked to the head of the classroom. His eyes were tired, but he looked nothing like a typical murderer. Maki unzipped her cursed tool carrier, and Kaori followed her reaction by pulling out her close range gun.

"I'm Yuta Okkotsu. Nice to meet yo-" Maki pierced the chalk board with her weapon, and the other first years joined her at the new students feet. Okkotsu shook slightly at the sight of Maki's weapon a few inches from his face, asking, "Is this some sort of test?"

"Hey. Don't you know your cursed?" Maki asked, sounding more like a statement rather than a question. "This is a place to learn curses, not for the cursed to be."

Kaori raised her weapon slightly, pointing it at the location of the curse.

Gojo explained how Jujutsu High worked, making Okkotsu's face turn shocked. The other first years could see his distress, and assumed Gojo hadn't told him any of this before.

"You didn't tell him?!" Kaori gasped, lowering her weapon to look at her teacher.

"My bad!" he said, raising his hand and then pointing to Okkotsu. "Also I would step away if I were you..."

As he finished his warning, two white hands with an enormous amount of cursed energy reached out from behind the new student, pushing away Maki's tool as it shouted, "Don't... bully..."

"Rika wait!" Okkotsu pleaded, turning his back to the three as he waved his hands.

"Yuta!"

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

"So, that's all it is. He's cursed by Rika, the girl who loooves him!" Gojo grinned, moving his hands to frame Okkotsu as he finished his introduction. "This is Yuta Okkotsuuu! Everyone get along okay?! Attacking Yuta may or may not activate Rika's curse... anyway... just be careful!"

Kaori rubbed her cheek from where Rika had smacked her as she and the others stayed silent. This curse was definitely protective over her... boyfriend?

Gojo looked at the first years and began speaking again. "They're going through a rebellious phase, so I'll make some quick introductions, okay?" he asked Okkotsu.

He offered his palm to Maki as he started his introduction with her. "Cursed tool user, Maki Zen'in. She uses special tools to exorcise curses." Maki stayed silent, giving Okkotsu the silent treatment which she already planned to do.

He moved his palm to Inumaki, "cursed speech user Toge Inumaki. His vocabulary is limited to rice ball ingredients, so good luck talking to him."

Inumaki raised his hand as a greeting, "kelp."

Gojo moved his hand towards Kaori next. "Cursed technique user, Kaori Tsukumo. She uses a range of basic weapons to imbue her own cursed energy in."

Kaori gave the boy a smile, the first from any of the students as she said, "hello," in an attempt to get on the curse's good side.

Finally, Gojo moved his hand towards Panda and then lowered it to his side. "Panda."

"I'm Panda, nice to meet 'cha."

"...And that's about it," Gojo finished.

Okkotsu glared into the distance at Gojo's finishing statement, which didn't answer his most wanted question.