Chapter 13: The Rainy Day

To any outside observer, it was easy to see why people liked her so much. She was conventionally beautiful, after all, with a sleek face and a nice figure. Her long purple hair was well-kept and smelled good.

Whether she knew it or not, just about everything she did, she did with a dainty, womanly elegance beyond her years. And of course, her silent demeanor and unreadable facial expression brought about a cold yet enticing demeanor around her.

She was truly a maiden of mystery.

Yuri stood by the door to Komi's classroom, watching her from the hallway. She held her book in her hands, waiting for a moment where she could get her attention in a subtle way. However, since it was lunchtime, it seemed like everyone's goal was to get Komi's attention today.

Yuri had considered texting or calling her, but that seemed like too drastic a step to take when she was sitting right there. Aside from that, she looked so preoccupied that she likely wouldn't notice. However, Yuri still needed to speak with her now, so she had no choice but to step into the room.

As she made her way inside, she couldn't take more than just a few steps before some of Komi's classmates started to take notice of her. A silence quickly fell over the room, unnerving Yuri as more eyes fell on her. This prompted Komi to look over as well.

"Whoa, who is that? She looks a lot like Komi. Is she related to her? They must be cousins or sisters or something!" Some of them started to whisper amongst themselves.

"Stop right there! I know who you are," Yamai declared, sliding between Komi's desk and where Yuri stood. "You're a Komi imposter, aren't you? Yeah, of course you are! Look at you – the hair, the book, the posture. You think you're even worthy of imitating our great goddess, Komi? You can't even do it right!

"First of all, your hair is the wrong shade of purple. You're not tall enough or skinny enough to compete with Komi, and your boobs are probably fake too!

"Anyone who knows Komi as well as I do would know that she carries around a notebook, not some creepy book with an eye on it! And she holds it down at her waist, not to her chest!

"Honestly, it's like you're not even trying – it's embarrassing! You should just get out of here before you humiliate yourself more." Yamai teased her.

Yuri was obviously shocked by this bizarre interaction – so sudden and hostile. Those were the words that came to her mind. Her eyes widened in shock, and her mouth hung open for a moment. Then she stood straight and began to make her way past Yamai.

"I'm sorry, you must have me mistaken for someone else." Yuri said before making her way to Komi's desk. Yamai had no response to that; she stood there frozen in shock.

"Oh, hello! You must be here to see Komi, right?" Tadano asked, greeting Yuri with a polite smile and wave.

"Yes. I'm sorry to bother you during your lunch break, Komi, but I wanted to speak with you briefly. Could you follow me outside?" She requested.

"Uh. Mhmm." Komi hummed and nodded. She stood up from her desk, and the two girls stepped out into the hallway.

"Your class is very strange," Yuri commented, glancing back inside before returning her attention to Komi. "Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that we won't be having a club meeting today."

"Hmm?" Komi lifted her chin in surprise.

"No. Sayori and Natsuki have study plans, I'm afraid. Monika and Alex...well, they just have other plans of their own. That leaves only us, so..." Yuri shrugged a little, glancing to the side.

"Ah...okay." Komi whispered quietly, trying not to look too disappointed. She was becoming quite fond of the Literature Club meetings, even despite her going a week without attending.