Chapter 31: The Winter Season Begins!

Light itself was beginning to cast a more bluish hue as those first cool winds of the incoming winter season blew through the city. Komi adjusted her scarf, pulling the front part of it over her mouth to shield her cheeks from the cold air.

"There goes our beautiful goddess, Komi. She looks so amazing. I love her scarf! I bet it smells just like her." Students chattered among themselves as Komi walked onto the grounds of Itan High.

As she made her way in through the doors, she noticed that Yuri was coming in right alongside her. Her eyes widened upon noticing her. Yuri wore black gloves and her own black scarf over her uniform. She wanted to say 'good morning' to her, but her voice got caught in her throat, and nothing came out at all.

"Hm? Oh, good morning, Komi," Yuri greeted her politely. "It got cold quite fast, didn't it?" She noted.

"Mhmm." Komi nodded in agreement as the two walked towards their lockers.

"I think it's nice. I prefer the colder weather to the warmer personally, since it's easier to cover up." Yuri shared her thoughts.

"Mm," Komi quickly pulled her notebook out of her school bag and began to write, "Some of my favorite clothes in my closet are winter clothes."

"Oh, is that so? Me too," Yuri said. "Although, if the weather is agreeable, you don't necessarily have to only wear them for the winter either." She commented.

"That's true."

"We should find something cozy to do together before the snow starts to fall – we can enjoy the weather before it gets too snowy to walk around." She suggested.

Komi nodded enthusiastically in agreement, her cat ears popping out of the top of her head as she did so.

"Huhu, we can flesh out the details over text later then. I'll see you at the club meeting." Yuri said, giving her a quick wave before walking over to her locker.

"Mhmm." Komi nodded again and waved back to her.

As Yuri walked away, Tadano came over, walking around Komi and making his way to his locker. He smiled at her and nodded.

"Good morning, Komi." He greeted her. Komi squeaked in response, quickly turning through the pages of her notebook.

"Good morning."

"The weather's gotten pretty brisk outside, huh? Pretty soon it'll be snowing." He said.

"I look forward to that."

"Yeah, me too, haha," Tadano chuckled and smiled. "By the way, I was thinking about stopping by your Literature Club again sometime."

"Mm?!" Komi's head perked up, and her eyes widened with excitement.

"I'll let you know. I'm not really the literary type but it's a nice group!" He said, "Anyways, I'll see you in class!" He waved to her and walked to class.

Komi took in a breath, raising her hand to wave to him but he had already walked off. She was happy to hear that Tadano was taking more of an interest in something she was growing to like. She covered her mouth with her scarf again to hide her expression.

"Good morning, Komi!" Sayori laughed, coming up behind her and hugging her quickly, "It's pretty cold out, but here's a warm hug for you!" She said with a beaming smile.

"Mm!" Komi flinched in surprise at Sayori's ambush hug. She quickly turned around when Sayori let her go. She saw that Sayori was wearing fuzzy white earmuffs and looking up at her with a beaming smile.

"I can't wait for it to start snowing! The fireplace, making snowmen, coming inside for some hot chocolate with marshmallows!" Sayori described excitedly.