Chapter 32: The Cold Sets In

"Alright, this looks like Komi's class..."

It was lunchtime now. Komi was sitting in the classroom with her box of food set in front of her on her desk. Tadano sat next to her, Naijimi sat in front of her, and everyone else sat as close to her as they could manage to get.

"Komi's so beautiful when she's eating. She's so graceful. I wish I was her food." Her classmates whispered among themselves, unable to help themselves from staring at her. Thankfully, Komi was listening attentively to a conversation between Tadano and Naijimi, so she didn't notice this time.

"There you are..."

In just a few moments, the entire mood of the classroom shifted from one of awe and wonder to one of confusion and concern as in walked an unfamiliar student wearing a black hoodie pulled over his head underneath his uniform blazer, as well as a black mask over his mouth to obscure his face.

At first, it looked like Mino Shinobino, the ninja of the class, but he was already there. No, this was someone else entirely, someone strange and sinister.

This masked student made his way into the classroom with his eyes set right on Komi! The students all looked towards her, quickly seeing that she was his intended target. They instinctively became protective of her, but what could they do to stop this?

They looked towards the delinquent students, knowing that they were likely Komi's best defense in this situation. The boys all hesitantly stood up, making their way up in front of this masked student and forming a protective wall in front of him.

"H-Hey, what're you doing here? Don't you know you're in the wrong class? Y-You should get lost!" They said to him to try and scare him off.

"...excuse me, I'm trying to get to my friend." The masked student spoke, his voice deeper and quiet. Immediately, the boys all froze up. He was so polite, but there was something ominous and threatening behind his pleasantries.

The masked student gently held a hand out in front of him, forming a wedge between the two of them in the middle. Just like that, he scooted right through them, only having to gently nudge and shuffle his way past. The first line of defense had been breached!

"Urgh! He got through! Looks like it's up to us as Komi's bodyguards to push through, Shinobino." Komi's white knight, Himeko Kishi, said to Mino Shinobino.

"R-Right!" Shinobino nodded, raising up a pencil and throwing it like a kunai in the direction of this masked student.

"Woo..." The masked student hummed to himself, moving sideways to dodge it. He did so without even taking his hands out of the pockets of his hoodie. Shinobino's eyes widened.

"He...he dodged it. But that's impossible...this guy is something else..."

"Then I guess it's up to me!" Kishi stood up, her taller more slender frame making her one of the few in the room who stood up to the height of this masked student. She stood tall in front of Komi's desk, holding her hand out which was protected by armor that went all the way up to her shoulder.

"Stop right there! If your intentions towards our great Komi are hostile, this is as far as you go. You may not go any further!" Kishi said firmly, which now got the attention of Komi. She peeked out from behind Kishi to see who was there.

"Hm? That's a cool glove," The masked student commented before noticing Komi. "Hey, Komi! You got a sec?" He asked in a familiar way, speaking more pleasantly now.

Komi's eyes widened, and she began to shake nervously. She wasn't sure who was speaking to her. She wasn't sure what to do. Thankfully, Tadano was also able to see what was going on now, and he did recognize this masked student.