Chapter 25: The Arcade (Part Two)

Yuri entered into the arcade by herself wearing black leggings, sneakers, and a plain white long sleeve shirt. She looked around for the others, tugging her shirt sleeves down in a self-conscious manner. She stood there for a little while, unsure of where to go.

Komi was the first one to spot her. She broke off from the group right away and trotted over to her, waving at her.

"Oh, hello, Komi. I'm glad you're here. I'm not too late, am I?" She asked.

Komi shook her head in response.

"Good. Is everyone else here too?" She asked.

Komi nodded her head.

"Good..." Yuri nodded too, pausing awkwardly. She was unsure of what to do or say now.

Komi offered her hand to Yuri now. Wordlessly, Yuri took it, letting Komi lead her into the arcade to meet up with the others.

While the girls had all broken off into their own activities, Alex and Tadano were off to the side playing some side by side basketball games. At first they were trying to speedily get the higher score, but after Alex proved himself to be more capable in that regard, they began just casually talking as they played.

"What do you miss the most from America?" Tadano asked Alex curiously, glancing over at him for a moment.

"Uh...probably the food. Yeah, they have some stuff over here too, but there was a lot that I had to get used to. At least I already got the rice down." Alex joked lightly with a small chuckle.

"What did you usually eat over there?" Tadano asked.

"Uh, I guess fast food if I wasn't cooking. There's less of that here, it's mostly shops. The meat itself is actually kinda different here too, I don't know if it's just the way it's cut or what."

"Oh! I didn't know you knew how to cook!" Tadano observed cheerfully.

"Oh yeah, haha. I'll have to have you over one day, you can try my signature dish: pork chops with white rice and beans." He offered.

"That sounds delicious! I look forward to it." He said with a smile.

"Heh, we'll have to arrange something." He agreed.

The conversation paused momentarily as they both could hear some of the girls laughing and talking somewhere behind them. They glanced over their shoulders to look but they couldn't see where it was coming. Nevertheless it made them both chuckle.

"They're all having a good time, aren't they?" Tadano observed.

"Haha yeah. They're an interesting bunch, but at least they're getting along well." Alex commented.

"Yes. I'm glad we could be here too." Tadano added.

"Haha yeah. Well you know how girls all tend to break off with their own." Alex said.

"Mmm. I'm just happy to be included. I'm not used to being in these kinds of groups, if I'm being honest." Tadano shared, his voice softening towards the end of the sentence as he realized that what he was saying was kind of embarrassing.

"Oh yeah, man, me neither. I didn't have enough friends to do stuff this big back home." Alex casually agreed. Tadano smiled and chuckled at this.

"Sounds like this is good for both of us then. How about we join back up with the others after this game?" Tadano offered.

"Sure. We can work more on your aim another time." Alex teased him lightly...

When Alex and Tadano left the basketball section, they found some of the girls all gathering around a dancing game. Naijimi was grabbing onto Komi and pulling her towards it.