Chapter 46: The Second Night At Kyoto

At night, when all of the students and teachers had gone to sleep, the plan was put into motion. Monika had positioned herself near the door leading out of the room that all of the girls in her class were sharing. She slipped out silently and made her way towards the commons area.

Alex was already there waiting for her.

Upon seeing her, he smiled nervously and stepped towards her with arms outstretched. Monika quickened her pace, nearly skipping into arms and giving him a kiss as she threw her arms around his neck.

"We could get in so much trouble for doing this." She said with an excited whisper.

"It'll be fiiiine, all the teachers have gone to bed. Long as we duck the staff we should be fine." Alex said, glancing around and looking for a place where they could spend some time together discreetly.

"You make it sound like you know what you're doing." Monika commented, raising an eyebrow as she smiled up at him. Alex chuckled and looked away with a coy chuckle.

"Heheh, I think the outside patio might be our best bet." He said, gesturing outside. They were standing right by the windows, so Monika was able to see how dark it was just outside.

"It looks cold out there." She pointed out.

"Yeah, but it's dark. And you got your stuff to cover up. We'll make it work. Come on." He gestured for her to follow him as he made his way towards the screen door. He carefully unlocked it and slid it open, slipping through to the outside.

"Alex! Oh gosh..." Monika swallowed, feeling her nerves swelling in her chest as she followed him outside.

As she stepped out, she was hit by the chilly air outside – the temperature distance hit her like a wave, causing her to shiver and cover herself a little tighter. Alex chuckled when he saw this, guiding her away from the windows and sliding his hands down her sides.

"You cold, babe?" He asked with a teasing chuckle.

"F-f-f-f-f...obviously." She answered, hugging herself to try and shield herself from the breeze.

"Heheh, c'mere. Let me help you out." Alex replied in a flirty way, pulling her in and guiding her arms around his neck.

They quickly slid in closer and shared a kiss. Monika clung close to Alex to keep herself warm. He obliged by keeping his arms tightly wrapped around her and pulling her in closer. She quickly started to become embarrassed and put her head on his shoulder.

"Why do you always make me do stuff like this?" She asked with a nervous giggle.

"This kinda stuff is more fun," He replied with a mischievous laugh. "You mean you don't like it?"

"I do, I do, I just...aughhh ahaha..." Monika grunted, unsure of how to communicate how was she was feeling. Alex just found this funny and shook his head, giving her another kiss. She returned it with a faint squeal.

"I do not do this all the time." Alex pointed out with a chuckle.

"Mm mm...I-I was just teasing, ahaha...this is the second time you've done it though." She pointed out with a heavy blush.

"Only the second...? Ha, we'll have to fix that." Alex teased with another sly chuckle.

"Alex!" Monika exclaimed, shaking her head at him, "You're awful." She said with a giggle.

"Yeah yeah, I know, heheh, but at least it gets away from the general flow of things." He pointed out.

"That's true. I am enjoying the rhythm that we've found in this story so far, but you're right, we haven't really gotten a whole lot of time to spend together. It doesn't happen as frequently as I would like." She said honestly.

"Yeahhh, I know. That's just the nature of the game, unfortunately. I like how things are going for the most part." Alex said with a nod.

"But...? I'm sensing a 'but' in there somewhere." Monika questioned, noticing the hesitancy in his tone.

"Eh...I've just been a little meh on it lately. I think maybe I'm just due for another break while I get caught up on other stuff, maybe give myself some more ideas." He considered.

"If you need to do that, you can...it'll mean more time away from me though." She grumbled at the thought of a longer delay in the amount of time they would be spending together.

"Ha, well you know there's always ways to work around that, but that's not the point. I wanna keep things interesting all around on all fronts, and I'm a little stumped after we get back from this trip." He explained his predicament.

"Ah I see...maybe you should take some time to go back and see then. For the sake of this story, I would say. What about the other one though...?" Monika inquired.

"The other one...? Oh, yeah. Uh...still in my head. I've just been so busy lately, I haven't had time to plan anything at all lately." He said with a sigh.

"Yeah, I understand...just don't overdo it, okay? Slow progress is better than no progress, right?" She said to try and bolster his spirits a little bit.

"Hmm yeah," He nodded in agreement. "Maybe I'm just overthinking it."

"You'll figure it out, honey. You always do." Monika said with a kind smile.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been needing it lately." Alex said appreciatively, pulling her in for another kiss, which she gladly reciprocated.

"Of course. Just let me know if you need any help, okay? We can figure it out together too, you know." She pointed out.

"I'll probably take you up on that." He agreed with a nod.

"Please do. As long as we can keep spending time together, I'm game for anything." Monika said with an encouraging grin...