Chapter 49: The Valentine

"Good morning, Komi! Nice to see you!" Monika greeted Komi cheerfully as they passed each other in the hallway. Komi waved back to her then walked up to her.

"I have something for you."

"Oh? For me?" Monika asked, surprised by this. She watched as Komi reached into her bag and pulled out a set of chocolates neatly wrapped in plastic. She held it out with both hands and Monika took it.

"It's a friendship gift. Happy Valentine's Day!" Komi explained with a pleasant expression.

"Ohh thank you, Komi! I really appreciate it! Did you know that today is my favorite holiday?" She informed her.

"Hm?" Komi's eyes widened a little bit.

"Yeah! It's all centered around the concept of love and appreciation – of course it's my favorite!" Monika giggled and grinned. Even Komi could see that Monika was more cheery than usual.

"I like it a lot too. I thought it would be nice to give all of my friends chocolates today." She explained her intentions today.

"Ah that's so sweet! Well I gotta get going. I'll see you at the club meeting!" Monika gave her a quick wave before continuing on her way.

So throughout the day, Komi made sure to personally deliver all of her friendship chocolates to each of her friends. Once lunch rolled around, she went around to Yuri and Natsuki to give them some too. The exchanges were appreciative and positive...for the most part.

"Hi, Natsuki! Do you have a moment?" Komi asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah, what's up, Komi?" She asked, standing up from her seat.

"This is a friendship chocolate for you. Happy Valentine's Day!" She gave Natsuki her wrap of chocolate. She took it with a smile and looked down at it.

"Aw, thanks. You didn't have to get me anything. Sayori and Yuri already gave me stuff too actually. Thanks." Natsuki said.

"You're welcome. I'm giving friendship chocolates to all my friends."

"Oh really? That's actually really thoughtful of you...uh...all your friends, you said?" Natsuki asked curiously.

"Mhmm." Komi nodded.

"Ah, I see...what about Alex?" Natsuki asked, tilting her head and raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Mm!" Komi flinched in surprise. She did intend to give him a set of friendship chocolates too, but the way that Natsuki was asking her that question made her nervous.

"Yes, I was planning on giving him one too." She answered honestly.

"Ah gotcha...uh...well I guess I shouldn't even say anything since...well..." Natsuki hesitated and glanced down the hallway. From a distance, they could see Alex sitting down next to Tadano...

"Hey man, what's up?" Alex asked as he sat down by him, getting his lunch out of his bag and beginning to eat.

"Oh, Alex! I'm doing okay. How are you?" Tadano asked politely.

"Eh, I'm alright. All this Valentine's Day stuff is getting annoying." He grumbled as he sat back and stretched his legs out, crossing one foot over the other.

"Hm? You don't like Valentine's Day?" He asked Alex curiously, turning to look at him. He observed right away that Alex was visibly irritated. Although he was doing his best to maintain a neutral expression, it just looked like he was scowling.

"I hate it, man. I hate all holidays in general. I always get depressed." He said.

"You do...? But why? You're dating Monika, aren't you?" Tadano pointed out, assuming that he would be fine since he already had his valentine.

Komi Komi Literature Club!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें