Chapter 28: The Black Cat Cupcakes

Natsuki: Hey Komi! Sorry to bug you on a school night. I have a quick question

Komi: It's no trouble at all, Natsuki. What can I help you with?

Natsuki: I'm thinking about doing some baking this weekend, maybe surprising the club with cupcakes next Monday. Would you be interested in helping out?

Komi: I'd be happy to.

Natsuki: Great! I'll send my add over and we can meet up Sunday. That work for you?

Komi: Yes.

Natsuki: Cool! See you then! And don't tell the others so it can be a surprise!

Komi: Ok.

Komi set her phone down with a sigh – another text conversation successfully navigated. And she had weekend plans with Natsuki now! How fun! She'd only been to a friend's house like once or twice in her life, and that happened this year...

She would have to exercise extra caution in how she conducted herself in Natsuki's house.

Komi flopped into bed and curled up underneath her blankets. Her mind was already filling with worries and questions: what should she wear to Natsuki's house? What would they be making? Should she bring anything? Would it be rude NOT to bring anything?

For now, she had to worry about keeping her plans a secret from the other girls in the Literature Club...

Friday's school day dragged by, and the Literature Club meeting breezed by. They shared poems again – Komi still did not have a new one to share. She felt bad that she had a much harder time with it than the other girls, but they didn't seem to mind.

Perhaps they were just sparing her feelings, or maybe she was being too hard on herself...? After all, Alex hadn't written a new poem either.

"Okay, everyone! This concludes today's meeting! Thank you all for sharing! I look forward to seeing you all next week!" Monika concluded cheerfully. Everyone stood up from their desks and stretched.

"Alright! It's the weekend!" Sayori cheered happily, raising her hands up over her head and clapping a few times.

"Did someone say The Weeknd?!" Alex said in a joking tone.

"Ahaha, does anyone have any plans?" Monika asked curiously.

Komi froze up at this. This was the moment she had been dreading. How should she answer this question? Should she just say 'I don't have any plans' or should she make something up? But she didn't want to lie to the others either.

She started to shake nervously. She couldn't make a decision!

"Eh, not really. I'mma just be hanging out." Natsuki answered with a casual shrug.

Komi's eyes widened as she watched Natsuki deliver this answer. It was perfect! Spoken casually, hiding the true nature behind her plans without saying anything that was actually dishonest. Komi was once again in awe of Natsuki for this impressively tactful answer.

"Alright! Well have a good weekend, everyone!" Monika smiled and waved to the others as they all began to file out of the classroom now.

"Take care." Yuri said to the others.

"Take care! Bye! Come on, Alex! I wanna make a pit stop at that little cafe before we head home!" Sayori said, pulling him by the arm out of the room.

"You better have brought your money because I'm not paying for you this time." Alex said in a snide manner before disappearing with Sayori.

Komi Komi Literature Club!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें