Chapter 04: Aftermath

Author's POV

After the Titans have been cleared on Trost, the people starts coming back to their homes, to clean things up.

Somewhere in the Military Police dungeon, Eren is still asleep.

MP1: "Sir!"

The two guards saluted at Erwin and Levi.

Erwin: "Is he awake yet?"

MP2: "Not yet, Sir."

Erwin: "Then we'll wait here."

One of the MP gave the chair to Erwin while Levi just lean on the wall. After some minutes, Eren woke up, immediately sit up from his bed.

Eren: "W-Where, am I?"

He tried to move his hand, but its cuffed to the bed.

Levi: "Are you awake now?"

He look to the cell door and saw Erwin and Levi.

Eren: "Where am I?"

Levi: "Relax. Your in an underground dungeon."

Erwin: "Nice to meet you, Eren. My name is Erwin Smith. And this is Levi. You have some questions, I assume? And so are we."

He reach into his coat pocket and brought out a key.

Eren: "That's."

Erwin: "Yes. It's the key around your neck. From what you said to your friends, this is the key to your basement that holds the truth about the Titans."

Eren: "That's what my Dad told me, before the last time I saw him."

Levi: "You Father's missing, and you can't remember a part of your past. What a lame excuse."

Eren: "It's true. Even my Mom don't know where my Dad is."

Erwin: "And speaking of your Mom, after the incident on Shiganshina, you were all relocated to Yarckel District, right?"

Eren: "Y-Yes Sir."

Erwin: "But what made join the Military?"

Eren: "... It's because I'm sick of being lock inside of these walls. I wanted to eradicate all the Titans so we can all be free."

Erwin: "I see.... Then your planning on joining the Survey Corps?"

Eren: "Yes sir."

Erwin: "Then we'll do what we can to get you out of here. Just remember, show them your real intentions."

With that, Erwin and Levi left the dungeon, leaving Eren in confusion.

Levi: "Are you sure you can win this Trial?"

Erwin: "Yes. Because we'll need to him tell us everything about the Titans. We can't rely on Y/n forever."

Levi: "Even if you win this Trial, what makes you think that the other Regiments won't against it?"

Erwin: "They will find a way to get on custody of Eren. That's why we need to make progress on our moves from now on."

Then they saw Hanji running towards them.

Hanji: "Is he awake!? Please tell me he's awake!"

Erwin: "Yes, he's awake."

She was about to run pass them, but Levi quickly grab her by the collar.