Chapter 11: Sealing a new fate

Y/n's POV

Erwin made a plan to use the people Orvud as bait to Rod Reiss's Titan so it doesn't shift it's course.

The Garrison gathered all the top wall cannons they have and aimed it to Rod's Titan.

Annie: "It's almost dawn."

Ymir: "And Rod's Titan is getting closer."

Levi: "It's almost time."

Then the other Scouts brought buckets of water to everyone to pour it on themselves as protection from the steam.

Erwin: "Y/n. Can I talk to you?"

He starts to walk away as I followed him. After getting away from the others, he starts to talk.

Erwin: "I don't know if this mission will succeed or not. But if anything happens to me, I want you to be the Scout Regiment's next Commander."

Y/n: "..... I refuse."

Erwin: "Why?"

Y/n: "I don't lead people to fight. I do it myself."

Erwin: "Somehow I figured you'd say that."

Y/n: "Then you should someone else to fill your shoes."

Erwin: "My only options are you and Hanji. I guess Hanji will be the next Commander."

Y/n: "Why are you even making this decision already?"

Erwin: "With an abnormal Titan that's even bigger than the Colossal, I'm not even sure if everyone will survive."

Y/n: "They will. Your plans ever failed us before. This will work."

Erwin: "Heh.... Guess that's all I need to hear."

Y/n: "Rod's Titan will be here soon. Let's go."

We head back to the others where they just finished putting barrels of gunpower on a net. Then I saw Eren starts punching himself and Mikasa and Armin has to stop him.

After that, Hanji brought out a cart with an explosive barrel that has a hook and ODM handle attach to it.

Ymir: "Rod's Titan is coming!"

We look by the distance and saw the Titan coming in close. The Garrison man up each cannon and loaded it.

Garrison Captain: "Fire!"

All of them fired the cannon and as expected. The cannon is useless for the size of that Titan.

Erwin: "Levi, Jean, Connie, Sasha. Get to the other side!"

Y/n: "You two, follow."

I told to Annie and Ymir and they went to follow the Levi Squad.

Erwin: "Everyone get in position!"

Everyone poured the bucket of water to themselves as Eren, Armin and Mikasa are looking down to the Orvud District.

Eren: "Those kids, kinda reminds me of us years ago."

Armin: "Yeah.... But nobody thinks that today is the day that a Titan bigger than the wall will attack."

Mikasa: "They might end up seeing the same sight as we did years ago."

Eren: "But we're not going to let that happened. We're going to stop Rod Reiss."

Y/n: "Don't just say that your going to stop him. Do it. Use your actions to speak instead of your words."