Chapter 06: Decision

Author's POV

After the encounter with the Female Titan, The Scouts regiment heads back to the wall with carts full of corpses.

One of the cart is where Eren is resting after being defeated by the Female Titan. Y/n walk over and saw him still resting with bandages on his forehead.

Mikasa: "Captain. Did you kill the Female Titan?"

Y/n: "....."

He didn't answer her and just walk away. On the other cart, he saw Jean and Armin stacking the corpses.

Jean: "This is one thing I'll never get used too."

Armin: "I doubt that anyone could."

Jean: "How many comrades are going to die?"

Y/n: "Many of them."

They look to the side and saw Y/n.

Y/n: "Everyone dies at some point. For them, it lucky that they can leave this world without anything to worry anymore."

Jean: "How many comrades have you lose, Captain?"

Y/n: "Even more people, than the entire walls. And some of them were traitor and I killed them with my own hands."

Jean: "Do you have any regrets on killing them?"

Y/n: "No. Because the world we live in, it's either kill or be killed. The strong survive, the weak dies. From what you just experiencing right now, it just baby steps from my view. You cannot beg a Titan not to eat you."

He walks away from them as Jean tries to understand what he said.

Armin: "He's right, you know. The world we live in is all about survival. In order to survive, we need to be strong."

As Y/n keep walking, he spotted Connie, Sasha, Ymir and Krista feeding the horses.

???: "I refuse to accept this, Commander!"

He look to where the yell is coming from, and saw it from a Scout arguing with Erwin.

Scout2: "Hey, cut it out!"

Scout1: "We should recover them! Ivan's body was right there in front of us!"

Erwin: "We can't risk it. There's still Titan roaming around the area. Even if we move fast, the Titan's will spot us and it'll be hard to escape them."

Scout3: "Ivan and I grew up in the same town! I know his parents. The least I can do is to bring his body back."

Erwin was about to talk back, but Y/n placed his hand on his shoulder.

Y/n: "You've already confirmed that he's dead. So that's enough message to give to his parents. And do you really think your the only one who wants to get their friend's corpse back? The other members also wants to bring their friends corpses back to their family, but they can't. Why? Because the corpses are inside of the Titan. So tell me, what makes you think that Ivan's body isn't inside of a Titan? Can you take him out there?"

Y/n just simply stared at the two Scouts as they were scared to talk back to him.

Erwin: "Write Ivan's name down on the other 'Missing.' That's final."

Scout2: "Yes sir."

Everyone finished moving the corpses on the cart, and ready to head back to the wall. The Scouts continues to ride, when one of them spotted something coming towards them.

From Demons to TitansOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara