Chapter 09: A new found Enemy

Author's POV

It's been a week since they Scouts rescue Eren and Ymir from Reiner and Bertolt. The residence of Wall Rose went back to their homes after declaring it's Titan free.

Levi got his new members of his squad, that being Connie, Sasha, Jean, Krista, Armin and Mikasa. Y/n took Ymir to his squad, as part of the Slayer Squad.

Levi: "So your telling me, that the Titan's I've been killing.... Are actually Humans?"

Levi is at the Erwin's Hospital room with Hanji and Connie, who's holding a portrait of his parents.

Hanji: "Like I said, I'm not sure. We still don't have proof on that."

They look at Erwin and saw him staring while smiling.

Levi: "Hey, what the hell are you smiling about?"

Erwin: "That how crazy the world is...."

Hanji: "You can head back now, Connie."

Connie nodded and walk out of the room.

Hanji: "Even if the Titans were Humans before, how did they turn up like that?"

Levi: "Tch."

Erwin: "Hanji. Can you get Y/n and Annie?"

Hanji: "Alright."

She walk out of the room and went to find Annie and Y/n.

Levi: "What are you thinking?"

Erwin: "Annie hasn't told us yet on how she became a Titan. Even Eren doesn't know how."

Levi: "Even if she told you, would you believe that she's telling the truth? Even Y/n doesn't trust her."

Erwin: "What choice do we have? After everything that's been happening, I don't know what real or not anymore. Years ago, there was only ordinary mindless Titans. But now, there are people who can transform into Titans at will. Titans appearing out of nowhere. And Titans inside the walls."

After minutes of waiting, Y/n and Annie arrive to Erwin's room.

Erwin: "Thank you for coming."

Y/n: "Hanji said that you seem to discover something."

Erwin: "Annie. Do you remember on how you became a Titan?"

Annie: "I do."

Levi: "How?"

She look back at Y/n and he nodded at her.

Annie: "I was injected with a serum that would turn me into a pure Titan. In order to turn me back into a Human, I must eat someone within the 9 Titans and inherit their power."

Levi(Shock): "So those Titans I've been killing were really Humans?!"

Annie: "Yes. Not just humans. They're Eldians. Only we can transform into Titans if we're exposed to the serum."

Erwin: "But do you know how that serum was made?"

Annie: "No. They never said how."

Y/n: "That explains why the people in Ragako was nowhere to be found. They were all turned into Titans."

Erwin: "Then that means that the enemy already infiltrated the walls again. Annie, when you arrive on here along with Reiner and Bertolt. Do you have anyone else with you?"