22 | Gone

Adam's POV

“Congratulations on your new hotel,” Veronica came up and snaked an arm around my waist. “I miss you,”

I removed her arm and gave her a warning. “Leave before my wife sees you. I don’t want to give her the wrong impression,”

“Wife?” She laughed in sarcasm. “I know you didn’t marry her because you love her. She’s just not your type. Unless, she’s good in bed.”

“Don’t talk about my wife like that!” I warned.  "We're done. I don't wanna see you anymore. Leave my wife alone or else, you'll regret it,"

“I can pleasure you, fulfill your needs, and can fuck you all night. Is she capable of that? I heard you also dumped Julia, Regina, and who’s the other one? Don’t tell me, your wife is able to satisfy your need for women,”

“She can. That's why I'm ending things with you. Find yourself a decent man. We're through."

I glanced at Natalia’s direction and was glad she’s immersed talking with Aimee.

Veronica tugged me behind the huge post away from sight. She's been persistent and it's no longer attractive, no longer as interesting as the first time I met her.

"You can't dump me! I say when and how we end things! I'm fucking way hotter than her. And I'm pretty sure I fuck better than her."

"Yes you are hot and you know how to make my cock hard. So does Natalia. But that's not all I'm looking for woman. I want to be faithful to my wife. Her presence soothes my soul. And that's all I need."

“You sound like a lovesick husband," She pointed at Natalia's direction. "Isn’t he the famous model, John? And he's smooching with your dear wife,”

I peeked behind the post and scowled at the sight. I marched to the table where Natalia was whispering gibberish with John, completely ignoring Victoria's threats.

“I need to talk to you wife."

John, Aimee, and Carl quieted, sensing a fight, but did not prod when I snatched Natalia away from the hotel. 

Some of our business partners waved and greeted me and I exchanged pleasantries for a few minutes, still not letting go of Natalia.

“I was looking for you everywhere.” She said as we exited the venue to the parking space.

I faced her abruptly. “You can’t flirt with just anyone as soon as your husband is out of sight.”

“I wasn’t flirting,

“You were smiling at him,”

Her lips broke into a smile. “Let’s go home and I’ll make it up to you.”

“You think I’m easy? No, I am warning you. No more talking to other guys or else I’ll punish you. And you will not like it,”

She laughed and kissed me. “I like it when you get jealous.”

“I’m not jealous.”

“Yes you are!”

We argued until we arrived at home. I would never admit I was jealous. But I wanted to break John's neck earlier. If it hadn't been for Carl and Aimee at the table, I would've done so.

“Can we make love in the attic?” Natalia asked as we lay in the bed nakes under the sheets.

“Why?”

“Nothing. I just realized you never brought me there.”

“It’s not a place for you. Besides, the keeper hasn’t cleaned it for a while,”