Chapter 15

💋

Dinner in the Garden

Natalia's POV

I stared out the window and saw Cynthia kissed Adam. A sudden rush of jealousy nicked me. Swiftly, I stepped away when his eyes flew where I stood behind the curtains, my heart hammering against my ribcage.

His women were really a good number. I remembered the first time I saw Adam's woman in the attic, those smoldering eyes, fierce and shapely body that could make any man crave for something forbidden. That was the very first time I felt the disturbing jealousy. But when I saw Cynthia tonight, jealousy came nagging stronger.

Although painful, I should be clear with myself on where I should stand in Adam's life. I was only living with him to tame Chase and not to pleasure him. I was only there because Chase wanted me. Hadn't been for him, Adam wouldn't even spare me a second glance.

"Hey, what are you doing there?" Aimee called, peeking from the kitchen doorway. "Need you to taste my spaghetti. My tastebuds aren't working well." She batted her eyelashes in a charming way.

I followed her into the kitchen, smiling. There, Carl was busy stirring the sauce in the pan, he spared me a playful sneer while Aimee spooned a tiny share of the sauce and blew it.

"Here," She handed it to me. I blew and brought it into my mouth, letting the taste sip into my tongue and tastebuds.

"Hmm, tastes good." I said truthfully. Aimee beamed at me, pleased to herself.

"You're just saying that because you don't wanna hurt my sister's feelings." A deep playful voice came from behind.

"You came!" Aimee ran past me and threw herself against the man, kissing him on either side of his cheeks.

"Oh, please! You're embarrassing me in front of this lady." He referred to me as he tried to get free from her excited embrace.

"Aimee's younger brother." I remembered.

"I'm glad you remember." John moved past Aimee, gently took the spoon from me and to my surprise, ate the remaining sauce.

"Just like what I thought, you're still a terrible cook, sister." He discriminated.

"Uh, uh! No, she's the best cook." Carl disagreed, slapping John's back. "Atleast for me." He added, throwing a wink to her direction.

"I don't know what my sister put into your food that you're head over heels of her, tsk!" He clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Anyway, is everything ready? I'm starving."

"Yep! Here, bring these outside." Aimee quickly retrieved the stack of plate, spoons and forks and gave them to John.

"We're eating in the garden?" John asked, frowning.

"Yes, brother." She gently slapped his cheek and pushed him to the door.

"But we might spoil the lovebirds there!" I heard John said.

I took the tray of glasses and followed John outside keeping my eyes ahead, not letting them stray where Adam and Cynthia stood not far from the garden table.