Chapter 11

[11]

The Vacation

Adam's POV

I went to Maldives for a week vacation and left Carl in-charge.

Although the sights and the beaches were extraordinary, my little escapade was certainly not helping. My mind was restlessly in turmoil as I thought of her body so warm against my own.

Just the thought of her skin made my breathing heavy with desire. I ran an exasperated fingers through my hair and leaned against the cushioned seat.

Damn.

I decided to go for a swim to cool down. It was bright outside, the sunlight scorchingly hot as I walked down the crowded beach.

Tourists were everywhere. In my right side, I saw a couple kissing, while the guy applied sunscreen on his womans' thighs, unaware of their audience. I was not the only one who's watching their little flirtation.

In front of me, kids were playing ball, others building sand castles, and a group of women sunbathed in their bikinis, olderlies were gossipping beneath their parasols.

I took my shirt off and almost everyone turned my way. I was all too aware of  the women's gasps.

Dropping the cloth on the sand, I stepped on the water and waded further until it reached my waist.

I dipped and swam deeper into the water.

"Mind if I swim with you?" A woman asked behind me. By the look on her flirty smile, I guessed right away her kind of living.

"Sorry lady, but I am not after for a woman companion." I refused and swam away.

"We've met before!" she screamed.

For the next thirty minutes, I floated in the water before I decided it's time to leave as it was getting even hotter.

I walked ashore and saw the woman earlier kissing an old man. Looking longer, I realized it was Donald Trevor. What was he doing here? By the look of him, he seemed like a rich victim of her leechy ways, totally smitten by her beauty and body, aware of her intention, and yet pretending oblivion just to keep her.

What a foolish old man.

I sniggered, picked up my towel, and walked back to the hotel while shaking my head.

I stayed in the shower for fifteen minutes before I called room service for lunch. I was starving. I began to check my emails as I waited on the couch.

Suddenly Carl was calling.

"It's too early for your report." I said and lifted my feet on the table as I leaned back.

"How is it going?" he asked on the other line.

"It's fine."

"Sounds like the opposite." Carl intoned in a light voice. "Heard there's a very good night life in Maldives. Tons of hot chicks. Go check it out later tonight." He suggested before he ended the call.