23 | Miscarriage

Natalia's POV

"He's not coming back anytime soon, dear. I'm sorry," Georgia empathized, wearing a worried look. "Please take care of yourself. No one will do it for you."

"I need to return this," I placed the cheque Adam gave me onto the glass center table for her office.

She took it and handed it back to me. "You need this to start fresh,"

"I don't need his money."

She stood up and walked to her office table and took something out from the drawer. She handed me an envelope.

When I opened it, it was a divorce paper and it already had Adam's signature.

"I really am sorry my dear. This is what Adam wants."

My body went numb, and my chest suddenly felt tight. Nevertheless, I remained calm, and showed a strong composure. My fingers trembled as I sign the papers.

My pride was crushed enough, I didn't want to ask her why Adam did this. All his actions were now clear to me.

He never loved me.

Neither cared for me.

I thought we could make it, thought that one day, he would come to love me back. But he was cruel. Divorced me as if I was nothing to him, as if he didn't want to see me ever again.

What did I do? All I did was care for him and love him with all my heart.

Georgia's expression was apologetic. But I didn't want pity from anyone and so I carried on a façade of complete indifference.

I clutched my belly tightly, grimacing when a sudden pain hit me.

"Are you alight? You look pale," She came to my side, worried, a hand rested on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. I wasn't eating well for the past few weeks," I stood up, ready to leave, when hot liquid pooled down in between my legs and I whimpered.

"Oh dear," Georgia clasped a hand over her mouth, her eyes dilated in horror.

I swayed and Georgina called out for help. Everything went blurry and not long I was engulfed in complete darkness.

When I woke up, Carl, Aimee, and John were there.

"How are you feeling?" Aimee asked, sitting on the hospital bed beside me.

"A bit dizzy."

She helped me to sit up.

The doctor came in and broke the bad news. "Sorry but you just lost your baby."

I felt numb, dizzy, and shocked. Tears fell endlessly.

"I didn't know I was pregnant. I wasn't taking care of myself. It must be the reason I-,"

Aimee soothed me as I cried, telling me it wasn't my fault. But it was. If I hadn't been so lovesick, it could've been different. I was so heartbroken about Adam leaving me to the point of completely unconscious of my body.

A little angel was growing in my belly and now it's gone.

I was discharged the next day and John was there the entire time. He never left my side.

"I'm leaving for Paris tonight. My flat is big enough for two people. Come with me,"

Again, my tears fell, and he embraced me. "It's time to move on love,"

2 years later

"I missed you!" Aimee shrieked as she hugged me as soon I entered the private room Cellar Bar at The King's Head Pub.