Chapter 6

<6>

Adam's POV

I stopped halfway when I saw her outside the ladies' room. She had her back pressed against the wall and she clutched her purse against her stomach, her expression impatient in all angles.

"Why are you out?" I asked, frowning.

The door opened and a tipsy woman came out.

"Hey handsome." She said as she passed, winking flirtily. I ignored her and walked the rest of the way toward Natalia.

She jerked the pads from me and disappeared inside.

"What the..." I almost cursed at her actions. What an ingrate woman for sure!

After a few minutes, she emerged looking all red. She avoided my eyes and mumbled. "Thanks." Natalia bit her and I curled my fingers.

"You have to pay me."

"How much is it?"

"One night's enough."

Natalia asked in annoyance, aware of my meaning but decided to have the answer right out from me.

"What are you saying?" she asked posing.

I took a step closer to feel the warmth and drink the smell of her. Nothing could ever stop me from wondering of the feel of her body. Chase had her and I had no idea how it felt like. At the moment, I actually had the sudden strong urge of having her.

What I'm saying is you must spend a night with me in order to pay back."

"It's just a few dollars!" She scoffed in anger.

"But you caused me too much shame, don't you know that?" I moved even closer and when she tried to move away, I wrapped an arm around her, imprisoning her, telling her she couldn't escape me anymore, now that I had finally realized she was the very first woman who made feel so human, so alive and heated.

I almost sighed at the feel of her warm body against mine. But despite of the strong wanting, I was all too aware of the sudden tensing of her muscles. It wasn't the response I expected. Maybe she still had the fear to men and it was because of Chase.

When I inched my face to her, tempted, she turned away.

"Don't do this." She said.

I won't be discouraged." I said before cupping the back of her head and taking her mouth. She trembled and wildly pushed me away before I could even deepen the kiss.

"What's wrong with you!" She was close to tears and her lips trembled in anger as she opened them. "You can't just touch or kiss me anytime you want!"

She pushed my chest again before she walked away. But I wasn't about to quit just yet.

"Natalia! Come back here!"

"I'm not your dog!" She went on.

I ran after her and caught her arm, dragging her around.

"How much do you want? Name your price Natalia!" I growled, a dark expression upon my face. The arm that was so slim around my fingers quivered and she cringed away in panic. Her beautiful eyes widened as she stared back at me.

But her shock and fear were replaced with hatred.

"I said I don't need your money!" She screamed in high-pitch tone.

"I think you're forgetting that I bought you! I paid your mother to have you and I think you have no say in whatever I ask of you. Is this how you're going to treat your owner? You're lucky I'm not the type of man who beat uncooperative and ungrateful women like you. I'm patient, you know. But that patience has limitations too!"