Chapter 8

<8>

His Mistresses •

Adam's POV

It happened again.

As much as I wanted to punch myself for letting Chase again control my body I wouldn't let Natalia witness just how desperately angry I was.

I wanted to appear strong, make her think I could handle this kind of situation even when I felt otherwise, make her think I wasn't afraid if she reported me to the police.

The cell was more preferable than having Chase on the lose, doing all the inhumane crimes. It happened for the third time already and now I had no way of escape. Natalia already knew the identity of her violator.

"I'll send you the money later for your service," I could pretend to be Chase but that would only further my agony and severe my sins.

Atleast now, I wanted to be honest.

"I apologize for what happened, I promise it won't happen again. You can leave now."

Without another word, Natalia pushed the door open and stepped out of the car, her movements slow and obviously in pain. I took over Chase in the middle of the mating but then again I couldn't stop anymore, all I could think of was the sweet feel of her suppleness under me. And although I knew it was wrong to go forward, still I did. I just couldn't stop. Her body drugged me to insanity that even though aware I was doing the biggest mistake of my life, still I went on ravishing her.

Before she could close the door, I said without turning to her. "You can always go to the police and report what happened. If you do that, I'll be willing to surrender."

Natalia was silent. I knew she was thinking all sorts of curses as she listened to me, probably cursing me to death at the very moment.

Unfortunately, I couldn't think of any other way to appease the anger she was feeling right now other than offering her money.

Money could resolve anything, based on my experiences. I had discovered that money was a powerful tool in order for a person to have his way on anything. And I daresay Natalia's loathing toward me could be lessened.

Finally, she pushed the door close and so I stepped into the accelerator and drove away from the place, concluding she was accepting the money. Atleast, she's very easy to convince. Not that I exerted much effort trying to talk her into accepting my compensation.

I called Carl and fortunately he answered in one ring.

"Hey, how is it?" Carl asked teasingly. "Any improvement? Did you ask her out already?"

"Are you with Aimee?"

"You're not trying to avoid my question, are you?"

"I left Natalia at the bar. Can you get her? She's all alone."

"Why? I thought you'll drive her home? We're already at Aimee's place."

"Just look for her, okay? I can't go to her at the moment. I'll explain to you next time,"

"Is something wrong?"

"Not a damn thing, just don't tell Natalia I called."

I ended the call, not ready to answer any of Carl's questions. But I didn't give a damn if Natalia told them about what I did to her. For now, I had to go home, to think, rest, and calm my mind.