29 | Go and see her

ADAM

ADAM

I woke with a start, the sun casted light through the open draperies. I squinted and searched the other side of the bed with my hand, frowning when I realized it was empty. I sat upright, scowling at the empty side of the bed where Natalia lay fast asleep last night.

I put my trousers back on and headed downstairs, my heart sinking when I found the living room and kitchen empty. I ran my fingers through my hair and checked the clock. It was past four in the afternoon. I didn't expect to sleep in so late. I made love to her until dawn, until we both drained our energy to the last drop. It was perfect. I fit her perfectly.

And I thought it was enough to convince her how much I truly wanted her and cherish and love her. I guess I was wrong. I padded the living room, thinking.

I expected her to be by my side, cook her breakfast and discuss with her our future but to my disappointment she still had gone to the love of her life. To marry him. Even after what we shared last night.

Damn her!

I ran upstairs, put a shirt on, and ran back downstairs as I buttoned my shirt. What hotel? I cursed under my breath trying to remember what she had told me last night, as I turned the key. The car fired into life, and I quickly drove out of the gate, calling Natalia but all the calls left unanswered.

I dialed Carl's number in my car's display screen instead in shaky fingers and he answered right away. I put on a wireless earphone on my right ear.

"Is Natalia with you?"

"No, she's with John at the hotel with Aimee. I'm on my way."

"Damn that woman!"

"Why? Did something happen-"

I threw the earphone aside and sped through the traffic. Luckily, I arrived just exactly at five. My heart was hammering as I ran to the front desk.

"Where in the hell do you hold weddings?" I rasped like an idiot, gasping for air, looking at the surprised female whose eyes scanned my disheveled appearance. Of course, I needed the room number! Damn it!

A hand tapped my back and I almost hugged Carl when he stepped beside me.

"Room 3004. We're in the guestlist." He informed the lady.

I couldn't hold back my impatience. "Where in the hell is room 3004! Which floor?" My tone had rose that the woman's eyes blinked, startled.

"3rd floor-"

I ran to the elevator, Carl on my tail. I was pacing as the lift elevated us, the ride seemed to take years.

"Calm down! Your pacing won't do anything!"

"Damn it!" I rasped. "She's marrying him!"

"Isn't it too late for you to realize?"

"I thought she was bluffing!"