30 | John told me you love me

NATALIA

NATALIA

"5pm at Aldywych hotel. It's John and Sebastian's wedding. But if you'd like we can marry same day. I'll marry you because I love you. Don't be late." 

-Natalia

I jerked upright as soon as I opened my eyes and saw a silhouette seated on the couch next to my bed. It took me only a few seconds to adjust in the dim light to realize who the man was. The very man behind my tear-streaked face and wretched heart.

"How did you get in?" I bit my lip, to stop a strangled cry from coming out but my throat contracted painfully, and my eyes began to cloud.

I could see he'd shaved his beard and cut his hair, although, his expression was void of emotion. I couldn't tell if he was angry. I should be angry. He didn't come to our meeting place and had me waiting for hours.

"Have you eaten?" He asked in a crisp baritone voice.

My stomach growled instinctively. "No."

He rose from the chair, and he seemed taller than ever. As his eyes raked my body, I suddenly remembered I was wearing only a nightgown and nothing else under. I drew the sheets to my body, covering the bare skin of my shoulders and chest, avoiding his blazing gaze.

"I've seen all that," He stated coldly before turning to his heel. "Stay here. I'll get you something."

As I watched his back disappeared to the doorway, I suddenly realized how awful I must have looked. I had been in bed the entire day and hadn't eaten anything. I brushed my hair which I hadn't combed in a while, grimacing.

I went out of the bed in languid movements, walking to the bathroom to wash my face at least and apply some lip balm. I knew just how pale I looked and though I felt so sickly and lethargic, I still wanted to look presentable for him.

I knew John would do something but not to the extent of him letting Adam inside his house. I felt scared as to what he'd told him that he had to fly in suddenly to see me.

Once finished, I came back to bed and leaned against the headboard, anxiously waiting for him while wetting my chapped lip. I must admit, for weeks I hadn't been taking care of myself. John had insisted I go out for a walk or meet some friends, but I didn't have the energy to socialize. I even rejected a couple of modeling contracts.

My breath hitched when he emerged, carrying a tray to the bed, his coat gone, and his sleeves pulled to his elbow to reveal strong hairy arms.

"I hope omelet is fine." He said as he set the tray on the bed, presenting me a whiff of his cologne and aftershave. He must've gone here after work, but still managed to smell nice.

"How did you get here?" I tried to converse as my mouth watered at the sight of the food. I chewed a forkful, but I couldn't taste anything maybe because I'd been sick for a few days.