25 | Jealousy

Natalia's POV

Adam didn't speak the rest of the drive. He was upset for not letting him kiss me. I couldn't just give in. And besides, he divorced me! He'd given up all of the marital duties that came with the marriage including kissing.

I would never succumb to him again and act like a fool the same way I did two years ago. He made a fool of himself when he left me. And he must be punished for it. Otherwise, he would do whatever he pleased and get into my panties without my permission.

I calmed myself, gazing outside the window. I could feel his close proximity and I wondered if he felt the same. My belly churned and my face felt hot. This wanting needed to stop. I couldn't still have feelings for him after all these years? He never loved me. Never cared for me.

Although I almost surrendered to him earlier, thankfully, something in the back of my mind reminded me of the past and I was able to stop myself from succumbing to him.

"Thanks for the ride," I said before I climbed out of the car. He drove away without a word.

I rolled my eyes. I did the right thing. Otherwise, I would become a puppet of him. Again.

I went inside the building and pushed the elevator button. It dinged as it opened and I stepped inside only to find Adam approaching. He arrived just in time before the doors closed.

"What are you doing here?" I interrogated.

"I'm visiting someone," He answered.

" Are you sure you're not following me?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

He looked down on me laughing. I hated when he towered over me like this. I felt so small.

"You wish. I'm meeting a friend. She lives here."

"She?"

He chuckled. "You're not jealous, are you?"

"You wish," I mimicked him and I stepped out of the lift.

I walked to my room and he followed.

"Really Adam?" I poised in front of him, my hand on my waist, waiting for him to explain. "She can't possibly be living there?" I pointed at the door across mine.

The door flew open and brunnette woman with perfectly arched eyebrows and high cheekbones peeked behind the door.

"I've been waiting for you!" She pulled Adam inside.

"Sorry I was late,"

I heard him say as he went inside the room, leaving me with my mouth wide open. He didn't just ignored me!

Of all the places? Why here?

I relaxed in the tub, with slow music in the background. I drank from my wineglass before placing it on the floor and sank deeper into the water, closing my eyes.

I reached to my neck and massaged it slightly. It ached the entire evening, trying not to look at Adam's direction. I could feel his eyes on me but had pretended not to take notice.

He looked the same, handsome, manly, and full of lust. I saw how his eyes blazed when they rested on my bare shoulders and cleavage.

Although now I doubt it, seeing him with another woman. I could've just mistaken how he'd looked at me.

Unconsciously, I reached in between my legs and thought of him. I wondered if he had sex with anyone these past few years. I wondered if he had sex with the woman living in the same floor as mine.

I sat upright and shook my head. "Oh dear, what am I thinking?!" I slapped both my cheeks slightly. "Wake up Natalia!"

I got out of the tub and took a cold shower. Afterwards, I walked to bedroom naked, reaching for my towel from the bed and dried myself before putting on a nightgown.