Chapter 13

💋
Back to London

Adam's POV

The travel back was long and exhausting. More to that, I hated the way Natalia was acting. She'd been so distant, answering in monosyllables.

Well, I ought to punish her for enjoying last night's event! But it seemed like she's the one who's punishing me!

And she got the nerve to roll her eyes when I accidentally elbowed her flat chest! Though the momentary touch sent fire all over me, it was immediately doused by the annoyance I felt for her now.

"What's your problem?"

"Nothing," She spat back. "I thought you're going to stay for a week? It's only been 2 days."

"How did you know?"

"Overheard your conversation with Charles." She said simply, withdrawing her scowling eyes.

"I didn't know you're interested with my life."

"No, I wasn't. Just curious."

What an ingrate woman! After all the money I spent just to save her from her slaving mother! After I got beaten up just so that maniac wouldn't have the chance to lay a finger on her! Obviously, she wasn't in the least grateful for what I did for her, acting like I was the one at fault.

And she enjoyed Chase's touch! No, I wasn't fucking jealous! In reality, I was the one who touched her because Chase and I shared the same body. He's just my persona and I wasn't letting anyone control me.

I needed to get rid of him. As soon as the plane landed in the airport, I went straight to Peter's office. Natalia was on her way to my house. She couldn't argue with me anymore of where she should stay, told her not to waste my precious time arguing about trivial matters. I got another scowl from her when I said that.

"What brought you here? Thought you're still on vacation." Peter motioned to the seat.

I slumped down on the couch and sighed. "Just arrived. Couldn't stay away that long. Anyway, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Peter asked curiously, his eyes dilated,waiting. He must be worried that I was getting worse.

"I got her,"

"Natalia?"

I nodded and straightened my back. I looked at him. "Chase made love to her last night. And she said he was gentle."

"Gentle," Peter repeated, the wrinkles in his eyes appeared as he smiled. "It's a good sign! She surely can tame Chase." The gladness in his tone was undeniable.

"But I couldn't keep her long. I should get rid of Chase as soon as possible. If not, he'll continue to pest me and ruin my life. I can't live like this forever Peter!"

"We can't get rid of him with a snap of your fingers. I told you to take time to understand him. Let Natalia help you." He crossed his legs and peered through his glasses. "Unless you pity the girl?"

"Pity?" I asked incredulously. "I don't feel any sort of remorse or compassion for that woman. I need her, that's all."

Peter, always the wise man, looked at me intently, measuring the sincerity of my words. I made my expression as blank as I could. Whatever he saw in my expression, he kept it to himself. But a knowing smile was upon his old face.

Returning home, my mind was still in havoc. Natalia was in her room and I didn't feel like waking her up to join me to dinner. She must be very exhausted from the trip and so was I. At the moment, I didn't have the extra energy to provoke another fight.