Chapter 5

"I can turn you into poetry,

🌼🌼🌼

but I cannot make you love me."

Please vote and leave comments as you read! It keeps me motivated to write for you guys! 🫶🏽

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

The sunlight stings my eyes as I shift awake and groan, feeling a heavy weight across my abdomen. With squinted eyes, I reach under the covers trying to find the source of the weight and I flinch when I feel toes.

I sit up a bit, confused and throw the covers off of me. No surprise that those toes are attached to a leg and that leg is attached to my annoying ass best friend.

He's laid out at the bottom of my bed, in nothing but his boxers, drooling into my mattress and I roll my eyes. I pick up his leg and toss it off of me, turning around and snuggling back into my pillows.

He groans and his leg comes back, slamming into the side of my ribs making me wince in pain. I sit up, looking at the discreet smile on his face as he drifts back into sleep and shake my head.

I slide out from under him and shift my body so that we're adjacent to each other and lift my own leg into the air, fueling up my strength.

I slam my foot into his side and he screeches in pain as he rolls off the side of the bed and hits the floor with a thud.

I stifle a laugh as he uses the edge of the bed to lift his upper body and his messy hair pops up with his squinted eyes following it as his full face comes into view.

"Did you just kick me off the bed?" He sassily tilts his head, eyes still squinted with exhaustion and I hold back a laugh and ignore his question.

"Can you explain to me, how you ended up in my bed in nothing but your boxers, you pervert?"

His eyes snap open, as if I just offended him and he raises his voice. "We both know I need the warmth of another person next to me in order to sleep!"

"Maybe you should, I don't know? Get a girlfriend?" I sarcastically shrug my shoulders and he dramatically gasps.

Without a word he gets up and snatches a pillow and the blanket off my bed rushing out of the room. Before he's through the door frame he looks over his shoulder and glares at me. "This is war, Y/n. That was a low blow."

I roll my eyes and he huffs as he disappears into the living room. I collapse back into my bed pulling the sheets over my head and shift into that place in between sleep and awakeness before I start my day.

***

He slams the car door and I roll my eyes as I watch him look for his key. I hop out the passenger seat and stand behind him, nagging him as he tries to focus on unlocking the door.