Chapter 13

"Reliability is the precondition for trust."

🌼🌼🌼

Please vote ( click the star in the bottom left corner) and leave comments as you read! It keeps me motivated to write for you guys! 🫶🏽

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"I've seen you more in the last three days than i've seen my own reflection. " Hoseok stands from his seat on the couch, the indent rising with the release of his weight, and smiles at me.

"Yeah. Somehow I keep having to come to your rescue." I smile in return but it immediately falls. He's shirtless. Again. Why?

His plaid pajama bottoms fall deliciously low on his waist and a lump slides down my throat. Hoseok doesn't have beefy muscles like Joon, or an eight pack like Jimin, or a body like Jungkook- who very unfairly has a combination of both- but it's enough to make you break a sweat when you see him in the nude. His body is mouthwateringly impressive considering he doesn't work out - if you exempt dancing- like the other three do.

"Why are you shirtless?" I lean a shoulder against the frame of his bedroom door, trying and failing to act casual and like it doesn't affect me, as I focus my gaze approximately 10 centimeters above his shoulders.

"It's my apartment . I think i'm allowed to be shirtless."

"Right. That makes sense." I abandon my surly pose for a more awkward one, fitting for how I feel. Standing straight with my hands by my side.

"What doesn't make sense right now is you standing in the door way of my bedroom...in your panties."

I scoff. "What? Im not- oh my god!" I rush back into his bedroom and shut the door behind me. He snickers on the other side of the door and I can hear him come closer. I imagine we're both pressed against the door like that scene in Heathers.

"Polka dots, huh?"

"Shut up!" Again he laughs.

"Theres a change of clothes in the bathroom for you, if you wanna shower. Make yourself at home, princess." I hear his footsteps retreat and my entire body relaxes against the door.

***

"From now on, let's agree to keep all articles of clothing on when we're around each other." He offers me his hand and I enthusiastically give it a shake.

"Sounds good." We stand in his open floor plan kitchen, clad in the same pajama pants but with the addition of a black tshirt (him) and a borrowed black t-shirt and some grey shorts (me).