Chapter 16

"Surely it is much more generous

🌼🌼🌼

to forgive and remember

🌼🌼🌼

than to forgive and forget"

Please vote ( click the star in the bottom left corner) and leave comments as you read! It keeps me motivated to write for you guys! 🫶🏽

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"Hey, y/n." I jump, startled by Taehyung's voice. I smile as I pull the headset off my ears and click the space bar to pause my game.

"Hi." I stand and he embraces me. Its tighter than normal but I say nothing as we part. "Thanks for coming."

"Yeah, no problem." I sit back down and slide the headset back on. He remains standing.

"Aren't you gonna sit?" He squints.

"W-"  He starts but moves around me and settles in the chair to my right. "What are we doing here y/n?" I pull my headset down again and let it rest on my shoulders.

"Um... We're hanging out?"

"Wouldn't we usually hang out at the house? Why are we at a gaming cafe?" He looks around, befuddled

"Cus there's games here. And tons of snacks." I sink into the chair and grab my juice box  off the desk, taking a long sip as he speaks.

"There's way more games and way more snacks at home. Anddd... get this. We don't have to worry about disturbing other people."  He gestures to all the people around us, mostly teens that just got out of school, quietly playing computer games. "Seriously y/n, what's going on?" Sitting up, I hang my head and sigh.

"I don't wanna see Jungkook." He sighs himself, sounding defeated.

"Why? I thought you guys fixed things. You got Jia to sign the papers like he wanted you to and everyone is in the clear now."

"Yeah but that dosent change the fact that he called me a bitch." He laughs. I frown. What about that is funny to him?

"He's called me way worse things, y/-" I cut him off.

"You're not a woman!" A few heads turn our way and I mumble an apology."You're not a woman that he called a- a bitch. That shit hurts Taehyung."

"Ok. I'm sorry." He gently touches my hand and squeezes it. "Let's just relax and play some video games, alright?" He turns his body and throws on his headset.

"Thank you." We set up  few games of Mario Cart and per usual he beats me each and every time. Its so like him to not cut me even a little bit of slack. It's what I admire most about him. While he can empathize with people, he has his own morals and convictions and one of them is never losing in a game of Mario Cart. It's exactly what I need right now. Something normal and innocent, and not another argument about how much I suck these days.